PDA

View Full Version : D5 Panel filter compatablity.

bendevans
Wednesday 1st May 2013, 16:46
Hi guys
My c30 D5 (09) needs a new panel filter an i was looking at a pipercross one to replace the paper one. And i was wondering if the filter was specific to the car or to the D5 engine?
Also any advice on weather this is a good idea atall/better brands etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Redbrick
Thursday 2nd May 2013, 07:40
Hi guys
My c30 D5 (09) needs a new panel filter an i was looking at a pipercross one to replace the paper one. And i was wondering if the filter was specific to the car or to the D5 engine?
Also any advice on weather this is a good idea atall/better brands etc would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I've got an ITG panel filter, it's sat dirty on the garage shelf. A standard paper filter is in it's place, just changed more frequently, works a treat. :)

bendevans
Saturday 4th May 2013, 15:07
So youd say there's no advantages to getting one.? Even though the prices are similar?

bendevans
Monday 10th February 2014, 21:17
Anybody?

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 11th February 2014, 11:29
this is slightly personal preference, but I personally favour a paper one over foam as I have had both and the foam seemed to clog up more quickly.
I never did any comparison measurements though.

it is worth fitting as they are more free flowing than an original filter.
the filter you need is specific to 5 cylinder diesel variants
link (http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=34_43_180&products_id=7906)