PDA

View Full Version : hard wire the fan on a switch

Mongo
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 16:48
Does anybody have any diagrams or pictures on how to hard wire the fan on a switch?

p fandango
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:10
Does anybody have any diagrams or pictures on how to hard wire the fan on a switch?
on the fan control relay you want the yellow, & the yellow with white strip wires (both on the centre plug on the relay). You just need to earth 1 depending which speed you want. Yellow is full speed, yellow with white stripe is slower speed

merc85
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:14
why?

p fandango
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:20
why?
i did mine originally to get the hot air out of the engine bay while waiting in the fire-up lane, but some idiot moved the fan to the boot lol (still got it on a switch tho)

Mongo
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:29
on the fan control relay you want the yellow, & the yellow with white strip wires (both on the centre plug on the relay). You just need to earth 1 depending which speed you want. Yellow is full speed, yellow with white stripe is slower speed

Thankyou very much mr p saved me head scratching.

Mongo
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:31
Do you no what wires are live for it?

Mongo
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:33
why?

Shes getting hot.

merc85
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:37
Shes getting hot.

The fan should come on and go off automatically.

p fandango
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:37
Do you no what wires are live for it?
all the lives will be high current & believe it goes straight to the battery, switching the relay signal wires is alot safer (& no i don't know)

Mongo
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:53
The fan should come on and go off automatically.

No i mean heat soak in the engine bay actual temps spot on mate.

Mongo
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 18:55
all the lives will be high current & believe it goes straight to the battery, switching the relay signal wires is alot safer (& no i don't know)

Lol atleast your honest. I just wanted to nick some power off it thats all ill get round it cheers mate