PDA

View Full Version : Central locking

v70tom
Saturday 27th April 2013, 11:43
Well, the central locking on my other halls v40 is not working properly.
Anyone can help on this please?

She is going on my tits about it so I had a look myself but it works when I try.

The problem the car had when I bought it was the driver side was sometimes not locking up but the rest of the doors did.
Althought the button went down.
Just the door opened even with the button down.

Now she said the rear passenger door is not locking but the other doors do.
I tryd but I don't drive the car so I only can try when it's parked up already.
Is there something electrical which causes the problem or a separate batterie which could be empty after a while, a bad wire, or just old age and the car is ready for sale?

Volvo quoted £100-200 for diagnostic only.

I don't have the software and plug for it to check it myself but I think this is not a problem which is able to
Find out on the codes.

My guess is power problem but that's only a guess.

Ay help out there for this?

Thanks in advance

Haizum74
Saturday 4th May 2013, 23:24
Check the fuses (ones under the driver footwell) first. If all ok then go and lock and unlock the doors manually with the key. If still a problem replace the keyfob battery. then try this, unlock the door with the key , Then unlock with the remote.Open the door, close, lock with the remote ,Watch the button.
may take a couple of lock/lock > unlock/unlock cycles to get them back to sync. If still a problem, take the door cards off and check for any corrosion and if you can get hold of a multimeter check the power to the locking mech.