PDA

View Full Version : door fob not working

labe
Friday 26th April 2013, 14:10
help my door fob has stopped working i put new batts in still won;t open the doors the alarm is still on so car won't start the car is 96 t5 any ideas lads

T5frankie
Friday 26th April 2013, 16:49
try a different fob if its an 850 any fob can easily be programmed to the car

labe
Friday 26th April 2013, 16:54
can you tell me how to program the fob tanks for your help labe

T5frankie
Friday 26th April 2013, 16:57
put the key into the ignition turn the key on and off slowly 5 times but not too slow then you should get a red light on the dash top, then press your fob

labe
Friday 26th April 2013, 17:34
i tried that frankie the red light is on the dash the alarm and flashers work but still the door don;t open thanks for your help labe

JamesT5
Friday 26th April 2013, 20:03
help my door fob has stopped working i put new batts in still won;t open the doors the alarm is still on so car won't start the car is 96 t5 any ideas lads

Mine doesn't work either, but that ws my own fault for washing it at 90C in my jacket pocket. :doh:

T5frankie
Friday 26th April 2013, 20:15
i tried that frankie the red light is on the dash the alarm and flashers work but still the door don;t open thanks for your help labe

does any doors open

labe
Friday 26th April 2013, 22:27
the car had the door locks taken off i have 1 key witch was put behind the rear n'o plate so you can get in if the bat goes down by key ,i have taken the no 6 fuse out and the car will start ok but there is no cen/locking, with the fuse in no doors open by the fob .i will order one from volvo on m/day and try that i know it will cost more from volvo but i will get it next day if i get one off ebay it can take a week to get to dublin thanks frankie for you help labe

JT
Saturday 27th April 2013, 09:58
My remote doesnt work either??
changed the batts
tried reprogramming with the 5 turns of the key etc
but it doesnt light up or flash

I have noticed the alarm siren is missing and I believe the previous owner had a clifford fitted

I wondering if they have removed a module somewhere ??????

partsforvolvos.com
Monday 29th April 2013, 14:19
labe- i'm pretty sure your control relay is locked out .

(put everything back to normal first ) you need to access the car with the key you have, and sit in it with doors closed and the alarm going off, and have the key in the ignition ready - pos 0 .

within 5 seconds of the siren stopping, you turn the key straight round in one go and try to start the car. - this normally overides the fact it has not been disabled by the fob.

if this does not work, you need to get it to volvo, because they should be able to overide the control relay and deactivate it with the handheld scantool.

basically, the car thinks it is being stolen.
personally, i havent known the reprogramme method to override a locked out car like your is. - it only works if it has just forgot the code, otherwise this would be an easy way to steal them.

hope this helps

labe
Monday 29th April 2013, 19:39
labe here thanks for all your help got one on order from volvo and they can do the programme has well ,i know its won't be cheep but when you go to work at any time after 2am i just want to get in and go not have to take number plate off every time i want to start the car