PDA

View Full Version : New accelerator cable on the R- what a difference.

foammanmark
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 19:46
Just had the accelerator cable and several other jobs on the R done, and the difference has amazed me. The creaking noise and the stiffness of the accelerator pedal was really bad without me realizing as I sort of got used to it. The car is so much more pleasant to drive now, and if anything it's made me want to press the pedal more and harder.

Also had the handbrake sorted as the shoes had seperated and new discs on the rear. The car is the best yet in my ownership and I'm loving her..........

JamesT5
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 19:49
Accelerator Cable? I thought these cars were all electronics?

merc85
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 19:54
Accelerator Cable? I thought these cars were all electronics?

Pre me7 bud ;)

JamesT5
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 20:05
Pre me7 bud ;)

Oh, at least the P2 models are good for something then. :D

Nealevo
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 20:54

Yep more to go wrong

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 21:51
It is nice to have a smooth pedal. My cousins V70 cable was wearing pretty badly, was like pressing/pushing a rock along the carpet LOL. In the end it broke and he had to gaffa tape the inner and outer cables together and control the engine with the cable coming out from under the bonnet and in the drivers window (to get the car home)

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 25th April 2013, 08:48
same here mark- i didnt realise how bad it was until i changed it , it's a different car to drive now

claymore
Thursday 25th April 2013, 09:04

Lol, no fly by wire throttle is much more problematic and a lot more expensive to sort.

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 25th April 2013, 10:20
Lol, no fly by wire throttle is much more problematic and a lot more expensive to sort.

agreed ! - Heck No! :rotfl:

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 25th April 2013, 15:17
First ever job completed on the 850 was both Clutch and accelerator cables... Made a massive difference to the overall feel.

foammanmark
Thursday 25th April 2013, 16:01
First ever job completed on the 850 was both Clutch and accelerator cables... Made a massive difference to the overall feel.

When I started to stall mine whilst under clutch control, I realized that I had to get the accelerator cable done. It became so hard to press, I was struggling when setting off with the revs.

BlackBeast
Thursday 25th April 2013, 22:55
And if anyone needs an accelerator cable I have one available that has done less than 13k miles for £10 excluding delivery.