PDA

View Full Version : Air con

t51995
Sunday 16th October 2005, 11:48
Even with the air con switched off I get a damp patch on my drive when parked after a journey. Looks like dripping condensation from the air con.
Is this anything to worry about? The air con appears to be working well when switched on. Thanks.

mike 850
Sunday 16th October 2005, 12:34
have you checked the water level just in case its coolant leaking and not from the aircon?

Vikingxl
Sunday 16th October 2005, 15:02
The air con should onlY leave water after it has been on as its frost that forms on the system melting that leaves the water on thr floor

Martinr
Monday 17th October 2005, 10:20
If you have your distribution switch set to the demist position the aircon is on whether the switch says so or not. This might be why you get the damp patch when aircon seems to be switched off. It is normal in this circumstance as other replies have said.

Remember, Love is sleeping in the damp patch!! :)

t51995
Monday 17th October 2005, 13:54
If you have your distribution switch set to the demist position the aircon is on whether the switch says so or not. This might be why you get the damp patch when aircon seems to be switched off. It is normal in this circumstance as other replies have said.

Remember, Love is sleeping in the damp patch!! :)

Thanks everyone. I didn't realise that if you were on demist the aircon was operational. That is the reason then.
I wouldn't want to sleep in that damp patch though! :B_blite: