PDA

View Full Version : Strange ecu fault

T5frankie
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 16:44
Remember last week when a 4.0 jag beat edged me on the road and i said my car wasnt boosting right?, well it felt sluggish and not eager to go and only boosted halfway into the white on wot, well i couldn't find a leak so i thought i would put the standard ecu back in and it instantly felt better, more urgent although same boost on wot, 5 minutes later i put the rica ecu back in and hey presto it feels like its mapped gain, what was wrong with it?, i did have the battery off for 5 minutes last week is that the cause? and if so why? anyway nice to have BOOST again

merc85
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 16:47
Similar thing happend with mine mate, took the ecu apart and it looked like the main chip had got very hot. ended up getting another ecu

Kingsford G
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 16:58
Similar thing happend with mine mate, took the ecu apart and it looked like the main chip had got very hot. ended up getting another ecu

Is he on a standard ecu now?Rica charge so much but can`t really trust them

T5frankie
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 17:05
seems to be ok now, but its was like that for over a week, seemed to need resetting

craigoodwood
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 20:40
dodgy earthing? reseating it may of helped it connect better :)

glock19
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 07:15
Some pins on the ECU could be loose (poor contact) and after pulling and re-inserting the ECU, the contact came clean. Another area will be the ECU is limping but MIL is not on yet.