PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a spare 4C shock I can have for some experimentation?

jacks60r
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 12:15
As title, I'm after an old 4C shock to experiment with. The plan is to try an manufacture some sort of controller so that I can control a 4C shock manually, and possibly give me the ability to infinitely adjust the damping properties of the shock independently of the whole 4C and SUM system.
I need the shock to do some bench testing when I get something together.
Jack

volvokid
Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 13:37
This has been done over on t5d5 before, can't remember who did it.

LeeT5
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 06:53
It can be done. 4C shocks damping is controlled by voltage. ie 0.5v, 1.0v, 1.5v etc. This gives you the different stiffness of the shock.
I assume your going to try and use some sort of 'Dial type' controller?
Only stumbling blocks are of course the SUM and making it look oem.
Last thing i would want is some crappy radio dial stuck on the dash, no matter how much control of the shocks it gave me!!

Best of luck. TBH, i can't really see the point but i do see where your going with this.

silverhorse
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 08:06
As title, I'm after an old 4C shock to experiment with.

I assume you know the price of a 4C shock?? I doubt anyone will have a working one kicking about..............

jacks60r
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 16:40
I've actually spoken to the guy who has done, and seems like a very helpful guy!
Not necessarily after one that's good enough to go on a car, just one that I can use to see if there is any change in damping.
I've actually replaced all four shocks myself, and somehow they ended up going to the scrappers without my knowledge!

Al115
Tuesday 30th April 2013, 19:01
I just threw out 4 as well. Sorry!