PDA

View Full Version : Advice on fitting blanking plate

jonny940
Sunday 21st April 2013, 13:48
Im going to fit a blanking plate to my turbos recirculating valve and fitting dump valve. When i remove the valve and fit plate what do i do with the vacuum pipe that was on the valve?

p fandango
Sunday 21st April 2013, 13:58
just bung it up

jonny940
Sunday 21st April 2013, 15:03
In that case do i need to remove valve or can i cut vac pipe in two and bung both ends so valve cant vent?

p fandango
Sunday 21st April 2013, 16:16
In that case do i need to remove valve or can i cut vac pipe in two and bung both ends so valve cant vent?
no the boost will just blow it open as theirs nothing from the vac end keeping it shut

jonny940
Sunday 21st April 2013, 17:09
Thanks

Got blanking plate on and vac pipe bunked up. Took it for a run car idles fine but when driving along if put clutch in the revs go very low and if i hold clutch in she stalls. If i give her a bit of throttle revs come up n idles fine.

What would cause car to drop revs n stall?

T5frankie
Sunday 21st April 2013, 17:10
no, that pipe goes to the dump valve

p fandango
Sunday 21st April 2013, 17:17
Got blanking plate on and vac pipe bunked up. Took it for a run car idles fine but when driving along if put clutch in the revs go very low and if i hold clutch in she stalls. If i give her a bit of throttle revs come up n idles fine.

What would cause car to drop revs n stall?
it is a twin piston dump valve you've got?

jonny940
Sunday 21st April 2013, 17:29
Haven't fitted the DVD yet. Wanted to take it a run and hear it chatter, like a big kid :)
It doesn't chatter. Turbos definitely spooling I can hear and feel it

p fandango
Sunday 21st April 2013, 17:30
Haven't fitted the DVD yet. Wanted to take it a run and hear it chatter, like a big kid :)
It doesn't chatter. Turbos definitely spooling I can hear and feel it
sounds like you've got a big boost leak then, you sure the blanking plates on properly

jonny940
Sunday 21st April 2013, 17:35
Seems to be ill put a bit of sealing around it to make sure. Would that cause it to stall tho?