PDA

View Full Version : Turbo swap at last

ajc106
Monday 15th April 2013, 15:01
At last the British weather came good on Saturday and finally managed to swap the turbo over first time i took it off so 5 hours hours from start to finish and i am well happy with the new performance i have got. A few things that need doing are the vac pipes need changing dose anyone know the internal diameters that i did to replace all the pipes also the oil cooler pipes are leaking not to sure which one is the feed and return any help would be great, if you look at the engine from the front its the pipe that goes to the left hand side of the rad? has anyone got these pipe refurbed by a hydraulics company or is it a trip to the main stealer's.
Some pics cos i know you guys like pics lol2115721156211552115421153

Jamest5r
Monday 15th April 2013, 15:49
You can get new seals and clips from Volvo for the oil cooler.

ajc106
Monday 15th April 2013, 16:52
thanks James seams to be coming from the rubber pipe into the metal end by the rad and then running down the pipe to by the oil filter and dripping off will have to give it a good clean and watch to see where it actual leaks from

theflyingbrick
Monday 15th April 2013, 17:19
i just changed my vacuum hoses and i used 4mm id there is one pipe thats 5mm but i just squeezed the 4mm over it ;) i got 5 metres of *ahem* pink silicone and it cost me a tenner posted off the bay of e and i had enough left over to do the windscreen washer lines :D