PDA

View Full Version : S70 6 CD Changer

Engineer
Saturday 15th October 2005, 14:48
To save me some time before I fit any of you guys got pics of fitment/position and bracket/s?

siamblue
Saturday 15th October 2005, 15:34
Some peeps fit them in the glove box Gary, Others have then in the boot,
No pics from me sorry.

Gary

fraz13
Saturday 15th October 2005, 15:39
Cable's already run to my boot for the standard CD but no pics either but a fitted ma Alpine Screen n fitted the Changer for it in the Glovebox, couldny be annoyed running another cable

Engineer
Saturday 15th October 2005, 15:40
Some peeps fit them in the glove box Gary, Others have then in the boot,
No pics from me sorry.

Gary

Thanks Gaz, its going in the boot, have no bracket/s so pic of original fitment would be handy.

Engineer
Saturday 15th October 2005, 15:42
Cable's already run to my boot for the standard CD but no pics either but a fitted ma Alpine Screen n fitted the Changer for it in the Glovebox, couldny be annoyed running another cable

Cheers Fraz.

fraz13
Saturday 15th October 2005, 17:32
A took a wee pic for ye mate, unfortunately the power plug and lead for the changer are there but no brackets and a couldnt see anywhere they could bolt on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/HPIM1651.jpg

Engineer
Sunday 16th October 2005, 12:28
A took a wee pic for ye mate, unfortunately the power plug and lead for the changer are there but no brackets and a couldnt see anywhere they could bolt on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/HPIM1651.jpg

Thanks Fraz, working on it. Because the ride is so hard on the R (when compared to stock) I want to get the best supported fit possible, hence my request for idea's.

Vikingxl
Sunday 16th October 2005, 15:10
Im sure you can get some sort of shock protection foam to sit the unit on

Engineer
Sunday 16th October 2005, 17:45
Im sure you can get some sort of shock protection foam to sit the unit on

Thanks Viking, have decided on position and mounting type, if this is not satisfactory, will move to a country which invests in its roads and has less potholes or invest in IPOD unit. :insane:

Engineer
Sunday 6th November 2005, 18:11
Just thought you guys that came up with some answers to my original post would like to see the final fitment / fabricated bracket assembly. Works over all terrain's no jumping, now where's that ipod FM transmitter................

siamblue
Sunday 6th November 2005, 21:21
Geez that fancy mate, even has its own net in case the bracket fails :haha:

Engineer
Sunday 6th November 2005, 22:13
Saab net I might add.

Daz T5
Friday 11th November 2005, 21:07
Caught this thread as my cd changer arrived for my S70! Just fitted it in the same place as engineer and works a treat, and it sit's under the boot interior light so you can see to load/unload Cd's in the dark!! Quality.

Darren