PDA

View Full Version : V70R Limp home

ChrisB
Sunday 14th April 2013, 19:10
Hi once again chaps,
I read somewhere on a recent post that the V70R is no more less reliable than any other V70 but I am beginning to wonder. In my six months or so of owning an 05 V70 R I have had "chassis suspension service required" come up on the dash. Having checked the obvious connections and disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or so this has re-set itself without further problems. Next the CD player decided that it did not like Chris Rea and came up with CD error and would not eject any of the 6 CD's. Speaking to FRF Volvo in Swansea they pointed me in the direction of Central Services in Ipswich who have great experience in these matters and are in the process of replacing my CD drive unit at about half of Volvo's price as they tell me the only way is a new head unit.
Having just had a service at a non Volvo agent because as a pensioner I cannot afford Volvo main dealer prices the car went into limp home mode on a trip back from the Midlands. Firstly after 60 miles using cruise control I knocked it off to come off the M1 at junc't 28 for Derby. Once on the A38 re-set cruise and the engine just kept on revving when at 6,500rpm I cancelled it because it would not change gear. Once back on foot throttle the gear changes were really savage and snatchy ( it's a six speed geartronic) but settled down to normal On the return journey the kick -down appeared to work but with little increase in power to the point where I couldn't get more than 60 mph with a nought to 60 in three weeks. I have checked to make sure the inter cooler hoses are not ruptured and the clips are intact as it felt like there was nil boost. My theory is perhaps a throttle position sensor or throttle pot problem. Has anyone out there any ideas before I am force to go to VMD.
Kind regards ChrisB

merc85
Sunday 14th April 2013, 19:26
Get the codes read bud