PDA

View Full Version : Auto help (4speed)

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 07:36
Is there any reason that my C70 wont let me have full power in 1st gear in auto mode? I have not tried it actually in 1st gear proper yet.
It seems to be when:If i pull out of a junction and then want to floor it seems to be unwilling to let me have full power? And acts as though she has a massive flatspot/hit the rev limiter which it is no where near?
if i then let it change gear and floor it she is off like a scolded cat so is only a 1st gear issue.....any ideas chaps?
Driven sensibly there is no issue at all you would not even notice it!

Thanks Tony.

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:04
Could b down to the map.Was like this all the time or just since mapping?

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:08
its not the map as i used WOT a lot on the way back :B_thumb: and to be honest i might be making something out of nothing it might just be that i am asking for that power just as she is changing gear? I just wondered if it might be a known issue? as i seem to remember someone said about not letting you have full revs at some point but cant remember when and where i heard it!
Tony.

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:13
how was it before the map?

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:18
To be honest i never noticed it before the map but i do tend to drive it different now.

Tony.

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:20
standard maps have reduced torque in 1st and also slightly reduced in 2nd too, so maybe it feels more prounonced as you have alot more oomph when it does kick in now its mapped

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:24
standard maps have reduced torque in 1st and also slightly reduced in 2nd too, so maybe it feels more prounonced as you have alot more oomph when it does kick in now its mapped

I will do some more tests today and report back...but coming home from HLM at Dartford crossing the dragstrip start was fault free!
Tony.

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:47
the thing with mapped cars is they put alot more stress on other things, so things tend to break more easily

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:47
put it in s mode and it should redline in every gear even 4th lol

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:49
put it in s mode and it should redline in every gear even 4th lol

Where is s mode?

volvokid
Sunday 7th April 2013, 09:02
You don't have that button ; p

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2013, 09:10
oh yeah yours in an me7 with adaptive gearbox i take it you just have a big winter button lol

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 09:10
Why not? i have a winter mode switch!....explain please.
so i have to teach it i want full power when asked!

Tony.

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2013, 09:24
Why not? i have a winter mode switch!....explain please.
so i have to teach it i want full power when asked!

Tony.

yes mate, if you drive aggressive more often the gearbox will become more responsive, i bought an s70 once and it was owned by an old man and was quite slow and sluggish for about 1-2 weeks then it all sharpened up.

right im off to the avon meet to kick some butt lol

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 09:26
But i cant drive it aggresive all the time its too fast!..and i will end up with only a push bike licence!
Good luck dude and thanks guys.

Tony.