PDA

View Full Version : help me with my dilema

dannyboy101
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:36
Ive got a few quid to spend on the t5, but im just not sure what to do, so im looking for your opinions please ladies.

I badly need the front wing and bumper spraying, they are in poor state. With a few other bits of work being done, see recent thread about being keyed, im looking at spending about 500 squids.

Now i love polishing my car, but i dont want to live in fear of being keyed again, and equally the car still wont be mint after this.

Or plan b, spunk the money on the engine alone? I was thinking re-map, strut brace, rip stage 0, poss 3" downpipe.

What do you guys think?

theflyingbrick
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:48
engine wins...if its faster than who cares what it looks like lol

Nealevo
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:49
Go with the engine mods... You can't see the paint from the drivers seat :-)

foammanmark
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:52
What really made my V70 T5 was the HLM 304 map. After that she was a whole different car. You haven't upset anyone have you that you're worried about being keyed again?

dannyboy101
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:56
Nope not upset anyone! It was a random act of hate!

smithy
Saturday 6th April 2013, 22:07
Engine mods mate paint later or just touch it up

merc85
Saturday 6th April 2013, 22:18
Doesnt matter how fast a car is, Id rather a car thats looks totally spot on, as opoised to one that looks like a piece of *** no matter how well it goes.
Get the car looking right is always a good start, the mods can come later and gradually as the funds allow.

Its not as if a t5 is slow in the 1st place imho

Kingsford G
Saturday 6th April 2013, 22:31
Doesnt matter how fast a car is, Id rather a car thats looks totally spot on, as opoised to one that looks like a piece of *** no matter how well it goes.
Get the car looking right is always a good start, the mods can come later and gradually as the funds allow.

This wins my vote too,don`t listen the gits above:hidesbehi

Tomcat
Saturday 6th April 2013, 23:20
Ive got a few quid to spend on the t5, but im just not sure what to do, so im looking for your opinions please ladies.

I badly need the front wing and bumper spraying, they are in poor state. With a few other bits of work being done, see recent thread about being keyed, im looking at spending about 500 squids.

Now i love polishing my car, but i dont want to live in fear of being keyed again, and equally the car still wont be mint after this.

Or plan b, spunk the money on the engine alone? I was thinking re-map, strut brace, rip stage 0, poss 3" downpipe.

What do you guys think?
Nothing wrong with having a fast car but having a tatty fast car?....Mmmm think I'd get the paintwork done myself....Speaking of which where about's you from?...could do you a good deal on the paintwork(lol)...

Jamest5r
Sunday 7th April 2013, 00:39

This wins my vote too,don`t listen the gits above:hidesbehi

Nothing wrong with having a fast car but having a tatty fast car?....Mmmm think I'd get the paintwork done myself....Speaking of which where about's you from?...could do you a good deal on the paintwork(lol)...

Right you lot banned and sod off to detailing world, how can you tell a bloke on VPC to spend his hard earned on cosmetics before power?? :)

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 00:42
Right you lot banned and sod off to detailing world, how can you tell a bloke on VPC to spend his hard earned on cosmetics before power?? :)

Power over a look is a CHAVPC :hidesbehi

Jamest5r
Sunday 7th April 2013, 00:54
Power over a look is a CHAVPC :hidesbehi

Quite the opposite i think, yeah look's are nice but not the be all and end all, it's the way it drives that count's but maybe cos im not a poser :)

Tomcat
Sunday 7th April 2013, 01:08
*Cough*....Is that why your's looks as nice as it does?..looks awefully shiny James..

Jamest5r
Sunday 7th April 2013, 01:14
*Cough*....Is that why your's looks as nice as it does?..looks awefully shiny James..

The honest truth is all it's had in the 7yrs ive owned it is £2.50 polski washes and a couple of times a year that turtle wax stuff ive have for about 3yrs lol

claymore
Sunday 7th April 2013, 07:07
mine is probably the tattiest car on the forum, but I don't care. it goes like stink (when it's running) handles and stops brilliantly.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 7th April 2013, 07:28
Are you happy to look at a polished ornament?? No.... then Mechanics first.... polish second

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 07:56
do a bit of both! No good having a fast car that wont stay in one bit!..but at the end of the day its your dollar your spending spend it how you want you only need please yourself no one else!
And when it does look good it looks that way even when its parked!

Tony.

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 07:57
What I like about a tatty looking gast car is that no 1 expects to b beaten by it and end up behind one.

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 07:59
Are you happy to look at a polished ornament?? No.... then Mechanics first.... polish second

Yrs is not even an ornament lol so crack on,never seen u in a volvo

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:01
What I like about a tatty looking gast car is that no 1 expects to b beaten by it and end up behind one.

Lol i dont think people expect to be beaten by a Volvo period tatty or pristine!

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:09
what you lot on about £500 will get you a hlm remap for £300 and chips away can do the scratch for £200. Money well spent

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:09
Lol i dont think people expect to be beaten by a Volvo period tatty or pristine!

True mate.When I beat a 61 reg 335or535 cant remember,the guy was in a flame lol that wasnt on my tock auto tho.

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:12
True mate.When I beat a 61 reg 335or535 cant remember,the guy was in a flame lol that wasnt on my tock auto tho.

i love trying to figure out what the ££££ you're saying sometimes lol

jotter22
Sunday 7th April 2013, 08:16
Lol i had a bloke in a chaved up RX8 the other day trying to take the pi55 so i showed him the way home and he gave me the w@nker sign and drove off the other way...his G/friend probably said :wayne what was that you got mugged of by! his reply Chardonnay i was not even trying luv! :hilarious

Tony.

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 09:08
i love trying to figure out what the ££££ you're saying sometimes lol
Seems like u r the only 1 on here building puzzles on a flat spot lol Have u got it guessed it yet?

Lol i had a bloke in a chaved up RX8 the other day trying to take the pi55 so i showed him the way home and he gave me the w@nker sign and drove off the other way...his G/friend probably said :wayne what was that you got mugged of by! his reply Chardonnay i was not even trying luv! :hilarious

Tony.
Thats what I`m talking about.

V70 Graham
Sunday 7th April 2013, 10:38
Seems like u r the only 1 on here building puzzles on a flat spot lol Have u got it guessed it yet?

Thats what I`m talking about.

Wtf ??

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 7th April 2013, 11:36
Yrs is not even an ornament lol so crack on,never seen u in a volvo

Can't rush Perfection ...

dannyboy101
Sunday 7th April 2013, 12:15
See you lot are just as indecisive as me!

graemewelch
Sunday 7th April 2013, 13:26
performance everytime weather it be suspension or engine. if your car got keyed again your back to square on. i like to keep my car body work mint but as soon as you discover a scratch or dent you end up being gutted. its its not mint then you dont care as much.

Biff
Sunday 7th April 2013, 14:39
I'd spend it on the performance mods first, if after £500 its still gonna be far from mint my next job would be to save to get it mint.
Nobody can see your scratches at warp speed.lol

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 16:55
Wtf ??

:buttkick:

stribo
Sunday 7th April 2013, 18:25
In the words of Clarkson " POWER" :D

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 18:44
In the words of Clarkson " POWER" :D

Is that y u doing yr c70 up instead of remap

stribo
Sunday 7th April 2013, 18:45
Is that y u doing yr c70 up instead of remap

It will have a remap, but I don't have limitless money. :P

Kingsford G
Sunday 7th April 2013, 18:59
It will have a remap, but I don't have limitless money. :P

I understand mate.I mean t5`s are faster then most of the cars on the road as stock so if the bodywork is presentable u do a few touches to finish the look off and then tune up but if a car needs a reasonable amount of money spent on bodywork I`d just tune up 1st.

dannyboy101
Monday 8th April 2013, 20:18
I sent tomcat a pm about the bodywork, any one know his rough location?

Jamest5r
Monday 8th April 2013, 21:06
I sent tomcat a pm about the bodywork, any one know his rough location?

Northwest :)

merc85
Monday 8th April 2013, 21:13
mine is probably the tattiest car on the forum, but I don't care. it goes like stink (when it's running) handles and stops brilliantly.

Sounds the nutts to..... and it really aint that bad mate, looks f*** sorted actually lol

thewatsonsmouts
Monday 8th April 2013, 21:29
''' Volvos look good because of there owners, whats the point in a fast motor that looks like a shed but being to nice? like a resprayed car shows the kinda life its led i want mine resprayed but people say it looks mint, but i no its not, all down to the owner

Jamest5r
Monday 8th April 2013, 21:48
''' Volvos look good because of there owners, whats the point in a fast motor that looks like a shed but being to nice? like a resprayed car shows the kinda life its led i want mine resprayed but people say it looks mint, but i no its not, all down to the owner

If your only other option is a slow "nice looking" car..........i rest my case :)

dannyboy101
Monday 8th April 2013, 21:50
Trouble is when you want both