PDA

View Full Version : turns out a 19t aint too bad!!

theflyingbrick
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:09
spent a full day on the brick today,tinkering and fault finding lol anyways i managed to get the inlet manifold bolted on flat and true with all SEVEN bolts instead of the 3 that was in it before :worried: put another thermostat in seeing as the other one managed to break itself!! and i mean literally broke in half......ive never in my life seen one like this,also changed the engine temp sensor for a known working one also serviced the pcv ;) adjusted the wastgate so it went over the pin nicely then turned it in 3 full turns :D.......took her for a spin and.............WOOOOOO HOOOOO looks like i wasnt expecting too much after all ;) it boosts to 18 psi and stays there, it doesnt flutter or hesitate anymore it pulls HARD and clean in every gear with no let up what so ever it just keeps going.......and going quickly :D the brown smoke has gone which im over the moon about.

so to summarise...i had a very VERY nasty leak from the inlet manifold which was sucking in air like a dyson on steroids,a thermostat that look like uri gellar had made it his practice peice,a engine temp sensor that looked like it spent 20 years at the bottom of the thames and an actuator that needed some "tweaking" all in all a very productive day with amazing results............i knew i wasnt running right and i wasnt expecting too much :saythat:

T5frankie
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:11
spent a full day on the brick today,tinkering and fault finding lol anyways i managed to get the inlet manifold bolted on flat and true with all SEVEN bolts instead of the 3 that was in it before :worried: put another thermostat in seeing as the other one managed to break itself!! and i mean literally broke in half......ive never in my life seen one like this,also changed the engine temp sensor for a known working one also serviced the pcv ;) adjusted the wastgate so it went over the pin nicely then turned it in 3 full turns :D.......took her for a spin and.............WOOOOOO HOOOOO looks like i wasnt expecting too much after all ;) it boosts to 18 psi and stays there, it doesnt flutter or hesitate anymore it pulls HARD and clean in every gear with no let up what so ever it just keeps going.......and going quickly :D the brown smoke has gone which im over the moon about.

so to summarise...i had a very VERY nasty leak from the inlet manifold which was sucking in air like a dyson on steroids,a thermostat that look like uri gellar had made it his practice peice,a engine temp sensor that looked like it spent 20 years at the bottom of the thames and an actuator that needed some "tweaking" all in all a very productive day with amazing results............i knew i wasnt running right and i wasnt expecting too much :saythat:

to be fair lee you have said this a few times now how you cant believe how quick it is

Kingsford G
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:13
Glad its sorted now.Did u go for yr dyno?

merc85
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:14
to be fair lee you have said this a few times now how you cant believe how quick it is

Really??? lol glad you got it sorted bud :)

theflyingbrick
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:18

hahaha true but thats when it was off the road for aaaages......a clio would of felt quick lol,tbh its not much quicker than it was but it feels completely different now,before it felt a bit lazy but now it just keeps pulling and you can actually feel the torque where as before it was dead ;)

theflyingbrick
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:19
Glad its sorted now.Did u go for yr dyno?

no mate thought it best to get it ship shape...im taking it next saturday though so will see what its putting out

t5steve
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:52
good to see you got it sorted mate..................are you going to same dyno as dad?..................if so drop in for a cuppa on way home................
ps do you still want that light switch

theflyingbrick
Saturday 6th April 2013, 22:26
good to see you got it sorted mate..................are you going to same dyno as dad?..................if so drop in for a cuppa on way home................
ps do you still want that light switch

hahaha i will do mate,ill bring your ecu aswell mate but you can poke that switch up your exhaust hole lmfao x