PDA

View Full Version : misfire on WOT

craigoodwood
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 17:57
with the HLM ecu in foot to the floor it misfires and can see fuel out the exhaust as i go but if i go 2/3rd's throttle its fine and boosts past the white line no problem all through the revs, normal driving is trouble free and tick-over too...
i guess there is a throttle position sensor but is there somewhere else i should look too???

T5frankie
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 18:22
it shouldn't be boosting past the white line mate, only towards the end, sounds like its overboosting, slacken the actuator rod

claymore
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 18:32
sounds like spark plugs

stribo
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 18:51
I have the same problem, but only does it once warm, also have the lambda light on, I've ordered plugs leads dizzy cap and rotor arm, will report back once they're all fitted.

craigoodwood
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 18:52
new spark plugs today as the tips melted on the others when i first put ecu in and took it back out as soon as and my last hlm304 went past white line too....

T5frankie
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 18:54
new spark plugs today as the tips melted on the others when i first put ecu in and took it back out as soon as and my last hlm304 went past white line too....

mine doesnt lol, it was booting 3/4 in the white without a map now just near the end with a map (rica) i think ill play with my actuator lol

V70 Graham
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 19:02
I have the same problem, but only does it once warm, also have the lambda light on, I've ordered plugs leads dizzy cap and rotor arm, will report back once they're all fitted.

The right ones this time I hope !

stribo
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 19:06
The right ones this time I hope !

Sort of, I got some NGK Iridiums. :D

oblark
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 19:30

We could fit them at the mini meet/bbq :)

craigoodwood
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 22:17
food for thought... when i first got the car i thought the acc cable was slack so tightened it up, could it be possible i took it too far and so WOT is taking the position sensor past reading.... hmmmm ill try that on the morro :)

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 23:18
sounds like plugs to me also :)

AndysR
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 23:24
I'd be checking spark plugs, leads, dissy cap and rotor arm 1st myself. Wouldn't have thought you could "over open" the throttle unless you've adjusted the throttle stop on the throttle body?

AndysR
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 23:26
mine doesnt lol, it was booting 3/4 in the white without a map now just near the end with a map (rica) i think ill play with my actuator lol

Unlike you too miss out on a bit of extra boost. Think from memory mine used to give 1.2 bar with the Rica 304 which was just out the white section by about 2-3mm..

stribo
Wednesday 3rd April 2013, 23:27
We could fit them at the mini meet/bbq :)

Planning on doing them before then, if they're here in time, just to get the car running right.

T5frankie
Thursday 4th April 2013, 05:29
Unlike you too miss out on a bit of extra boost. Think from memory mine used to give 1.2 bar with the Rica 304 which was just out the white section by about 2-3mm..

I'm happy with the way it goes for now, it seems very quick

craigoodwood
Thursday 4th April 2013, 14:09
these are what i put in, it doesny want to of eaten a new set...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130736902530?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

tried slackening the cable, made no difference not as i was expecting it to but worth a try, i have got spare maf i might try too as the one thats on looks like a pattern, of course ill go through all the usuals too it just seems strange tommy that its fine other than WOT...

T5frankie
Thursday 4th April 2013, 14:21
i had the same problem once and it was one of the leads