PDA

View Full Version : Possible Scottish meet 9th June'13-arranged by an English bloke.....lol.

foammanmark
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 19:54
Just gauging interest for a north east Scotland meet on Sunday the 9th of June'13. Wedding celebrations hangover permitting, I'll be there......in me kilt. As near to Forres as possible please.

volvokid
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 19:59
Yip I will be up for this.

foammanmark
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 20:02
Yip I will be up for this.

Nice one! Does that mean I'm coming in the gul?

volvokid
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 20:04
It sure does lol

foammanmark
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 20:07
It sure does lol

And saffy's coming out? Please don't try to sell me a car if I'm still a bit tipsy. I cant/musn't/won't, for a while buy any more...........

smithson007
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 20:25
Id say ill be up this and ill bring my saffy if i havent thrown in the towel by then.

foammanmark
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 20:26
Id say ill be up this and ill bring my saffy if i havent thrown in the towel by then.

Even for you Andy, this would be a fair trek as it's 350'ish for me.

smithson007
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 20:31
Even for you Andy, this would be a fair trek as it's 350'ish for me.

We'll see what happens mate you could always just stop off at mine on the way back.

foammanmark
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 20:37
We'll see what happens mate you could always just stop off at mine on the way back.

How is the car now Andy? I'm going to travel up on the Friday, wedding all day Saturday and back down Sunday/Monday. I'm going on my own as it's a no kids wedding, so Susan has to look after the kids and the animals. My parents will be there though, and I will be under the close supervision of my Mum as she's anti-drink, even though I'm 34.

Yosser
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 20:49
Maybe, not sure about work commitments etc until much nearer the time.

HowHard
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 21:30
hmmmmm read scottish meet, though BRILLIANT (I'm Berwick Upon Tweed, 2seconds from the border), Forres is 220 miles from me :D

Will see closer to the time for shiz n giggles and of course to see the gul :)

foammanmark
Tuesday 2nd April 2013, 21:42
hmmmmm read scottish meet, though BRILLIANT (I'm Berwick Upon Tweed, 2seconds from the border), Forres is 220 miles from me :D

Will see closer to the time for shiz n giggles and of course to see the gul :)

We can try and agree on somewhere more central for all those interested, as I might be coming back down anyway. We've plenty of time to sort this.

foammanmark
Saturday 11th May 2013, 18:36
My trip up Scotland is only 4 weeks away now, so we need to start organizing this, if we're doing it. Who's up for it please?

volvokid
Sunday 12th May 2013, 10:10
Im still in

foammanmark
Sunday 12th May 2013, 10:13
Im still in

Nice one. Roughly how far will I be from you, if I'm in Forres?

foammanmark
Sunday 12th May 2013, 15:18
Let's see who else is up for this, but if it ends up being just us two, then I will travel back from Forres on the Sunday via the Aberdeen area.

foammanmark
Thursday 16th May 2013, 18:35
Come on you Scottish VPCUK members. So far Volvokid and me........................

Yosser
Thursday 16th May 2013, 19:21
Sorry I can't commit at the moment, that weekend is slap bang in the middle of a short period between getting back from the Nurburgring and getting ready for Castle Combe - also have to get the D5 MOT'd in that time too.

If I can head up I will, but I'm likely to be quite fully committed both time and money wise.

volvokid
Thursday 16th May 2013, 19:51
Not sure how far exactly. If no one else is up for attending near aberdeen I will easily nip up to forres. I think the R is going in for its service down at perth either that friday or the one after, either way you can still get a thrash of it if you want, just watch my clutch haha.

foammanmark
Friday 31st May 2013, 21:03
Not sure how far exactly. If no one else is up for attending near aberdeen I will easily nip up to forres. I think the R is going in for its service down at perth either that friday or the one after, either way you can still get a thrash of it if you want, just watch my clutch haha.

This is only a week away now. I'm travelling up on Friday, some work stuff around Glasgow, and then upto the true North later on Friday. Wedding Saturday, and then if not too hungover, travelling back down Sunday. It would be good to meet some kiltwearing VPCUK members, so who can make it, and where is best. Scotland is only the size of Lancashire-right? lol

volvokid
Friday 31st May 2013, 21:13
Rite im wanting to meet up. Sunday im going on a photography thing. Do you think friday is possible

foammanmark
Friday 31st May 2013, 21:21
Rite im wanting to meet up. Sunday im going on a photography thing. Do you think friday is possible

If I come up past Aberdeen, then Friday would be good for me. Not sure which car to come in, but the C70 would be best on fuel by far. I know you want to see Gul, so I'll try and come in her.

volvokid
Friday 31st May 2013, 21:31
The gul would be cool to see haven't seen one in years. Aberdeen is only 20 minutes from me.

foammanmark
Friday 31st May 2013, 21:58
The gul would be cool to see haven't seen one in years. Aberdeen is only 20 minutes from me.

Right, my mind is made up. I'm wearing my kilt whilst driving up in Gul. I love coming upto to Scotland, and I look forward to meeting you Martyn.

volvokid
Friday 31st May 2013, 22:04
Haha do you honestly own a kilt

foammanmark
Friday 31st May 2013, 22:07
Haha do you honestly own a kilt

I do, and when I wear it, I have nothing underneath. The air circulating around my ---- is awesome.

volvokid
Friday 31st May 2013, 22:10
O dear I fear you are more Scottish than me then ......

foammanmark
Friday 31st May 2013, 22:11
O dear I fear you are more Scottish than me then ......

Just 25% Scottish me, as my Gran was from St.Andrews.

volvokid
Friday 31st May 2013, 22:15
Ah the posh part then

foammanmark
Saturday 1st June 2013, 08:57
Ah the posh part then

I thought the posh part was just north of Aberdeen on the coast? Lets hope the weather is decent on Friday and I'll PM you my phone number.

Immingham
Saturday 1st June 2013, 09:10
I'll have to pass on this one, due to the fact it's 375 miles away!! And the car won't start... :)

foammanmark
Saturday 1st June 2013, 09:23
I'll have to pass on this one, due to the fact it's 375 miles away!! And the car won't start... :)

I had you down as a cert for this meet. It's around 350 miles each way for me, but with the wedding of my cousin, I have to show my face. Hope you get the motor sorted.

foammanmark
Saturday 1st June 2013, 20:06

I presume that you'll be at the Aberdeen meet now that she's started? 2 English blokes and a Scotchman, in Volvos.

foammanmark
Sunday 2nd June 2013, 19:08
Right, so the meet is on Friday somewhere in NE Scotland. Anyone else up for it?