PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator cable and barometric sensor on the R.

foammanmark
Sunday 31st March 2013, 22:47
I have a really stiff accelerator pedal and need to change the cable, and the lamda light is on which has previously been diagnosed as the barometric sensor.

Now I'm no mechanic but have done the bonnet release cable, which makes me think I should attempt the accelerator cable, and the barometric sensor is on the drivers side bonnet catch I think? If I change the sensor, I presume the code will still need to be read and cleared?

Am I a girl(not being sexist-honest) if I don't do the above work myself?

AndysR
Sunday 31st March 2013, 22:50
I always thought the barometric sensor was part of the air flow sensor?

Accelerator cable should be similar to that of your bonnet catch unless it's auto in which case you'll have to consider your kick down switch...

foammanmark
Sunday 31st March 2013, 22:54
I always thought the barometric sensor was part of the air flow sensor?

Accelerator cable should be similar to that of your bonnet catch unless it's auto in which case you'll have to consider your kick down switch...

Just a manual, and the cable is £38 on the bay so I'll do that job. Can't remember why I think the b/metric sensor is on the bonnet catch and I could have that completely wrong.

deathrider311271
Sunday 31st March 2013, 22:58
if i remember correctly Mark its behind the passenger side headlamp

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 31st March 2013, 23:13
The throttle cable is easy enough, hard part is getting the cable clip out of the bulkhead, but you can just smash it out with a screwdriver and hammer. Then just clip the new one in and attach each end. Should be simple enough.

On my 850 and V70 the barometric sensor is behind the drivers headlight, just behind the bonnet lock and has a pink connector (though may be different on yours)

foammanmark
Sunday 31st March 2013, 23:13
if i remember correctly Mark its behind the passenger side headlamp

Think I'll buy the sensor and then suss out exactly where it is. I was told driver's side, but it could be the other.

AndysR
Sunday 31st March 2013, 23:34
Looks like I thought wrong... lol

foammanmark
Sunday 31st March 2013, 23:37
Looks like I thought wrong... lol

No worries! Like I say, I can't remember who told me, but it's stuck in my brain, somewhere..........

foammanmark
Sunday 31st March 2013, 23:39
The throttle cable is easy enough, hard part is getting the cable clip out of the bulkhead, but you can just smash it out with a screwdriver and hammer. Then just clip the new one in and attach each end. Should be simple enough.

On my 850 and V70 the barometric sensor is behind the drivers headlight, just behind the bonnet lock and has a pink connector (though may be different on yours)

So long as it's not much more difficult than the bonnet release cable, then I should be OK. Think you're right on the b/metric sensor, and I think I learnt that cos I had a lot of false alarm issues with a V70 T5, and messed with the bonnet catches and disturbed the b/metric sensor.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 31st March 2013, 23:49
Yeah, it is a bit funny that sensor, had a couple of times when it threw a code but was fine straight away, and others where I disconnected it and forgot to reconnect it :D

AndysR
Sunday 31st March 2013, 23:55
Yeah, it is a bit funny that sensor, had a couple of times when it threw a code but was fine straight away, and others where I disconnected it and forgot to reconnect it :D

Any pictures? Be interesting to see what it looks like...

Dangerous Dave
Monday 1st April 2013, 00:02
Not got one of mine, but here's one off volvospeed

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROisZhK3EkLk_2ErZd9u4UjEfCBWudZ tqkxg1ww17JCrbD5D8A