PDA

View Full Version : Head unit loom woes.

Biff
Sunday 31st March 2013, 16:23
Had a pretty productive day on my car today, I now have breaks, clutch & it remains fault code free.
Whilst I was finishing up I decided I'd have a look at what's needed to fit my ice in. When I've taken out the 3cd head unit I discovered a mass of wires. The cd changer interface can be unplugged & will fit my Alpine head unit but I'm a bit flummoxed by the rest. I know my car has the seperate amplifier so figure some of those plugs will be for that along with the airiel. I've looked on some sites but I can't find a replacement loom to hook it all up to my head unit.
Can anyone recommend a loom that's plug & play or do I have a job on my hands?
It's for a 98 v70r & any help appretiated.

Brett855tdi
Sunday 31st March 2013, 19:25
Have you still got all of the original wires there?

If so a volvo to Din conversion kit is what you need.
It will convert the amp inputs to the same "phono plug" outputs of your alpine and also the power adaptor for volvo to "din" to plug into your alpines wiring harness. the airiel may need an adaptor depending on which alpine you have.

If you have other bits missing its possible to make the bits up can be a pain.

Biff
Monday 1st April 2013, 11:30
Yes I've not cut anything. I take it that's a genuine part then?
Thanks for the help.

Nifton
Monday 8th April 2013, 21:49
Ebay mate. Bur make sure you check the year on the listing as some are slightly different. Mine was £2 posted.

Biff
Monday 8th April 2013, 21:54
Christ that's different to the price I have bookmarked. For the adapter to RCA & the stereo connector its £25 for an auto leads one! I'll have a look now.
Cheers mate!