PDA

View Full Version : s70r still not right

merc85
Saturday 30th March 2013, 23:48
I'm asking on the behalf of a friend,

Its a s70r 1997 with what is supposed to be a rica ecu, (have all the paperwork) to prove the ecu is genuine.

We have checked for vac leaks
Stage zero has bin done
He has fitted a "NEW" forge actuator
I have checked the turbo for cracks etc (there were none)
It is supposed to have a rica ecu but doesn't hold boost it always goes back down to 14psi!
It has a NEW forge Unos mbs and that has not made any difference.
She can boost 18 but immediately falls to 14psi?

Im asking for any help/advise as to what is wrong. With the old actuator fitted even if you disconnected the vac line it wouldn't over boost. he hasn't tried it since fitting the forge actuator since the boost went from 12psi to 14 psi.

I know 850's but i dont now much about the later bosch 4.4 ecu. does anyone think its a leak or ecu problem??

Kingsford G
Sunday 31st March 2013, 00:05
C if he wanna try my s70r ecu,u never know,apparently there r some probs accure with rica after a while.Sorry to hear that tbh

merc85
Sunday 31st March 2013, 00:09
C if he wanna try my s70r ecu,u never know,apparently there r some probs accure with rica after a while.Sorry to hear that tbh

is it a mapped one?

Kingsford G
Sunday 31st March 2013, 00:16
is it a mapped one?

There is no boost gauge in the car but it I think it is,even if not with forge it should hold the boost if its the ecu problem,they not like 850`s from what I know and don`t get fuel cut off.

smithy
Sunday 31st March 2013, 01:57
What spring has he got in the forge actuator mate because they have different springs that can be fitted.and if the spring is too weak then it will do what your saying mate.

merc85
Sunday 31st March 2013, 11:20
What spring has he got in the forge actuator mate because they have different springs that can be fitted.and if the spring is too weak then it will do what your saying mate.

He has tried both springs bud, no difference. :/

smithy
Sunday 31st March 2013, 11:39
Put both springs in

smithson007
Sunday 31st March 2013, 11:53
Sounds like the same problem i have had with my V70R since the day i bought it and ive still never found whats wrong with it. Mines running a 19T but starts to run out of puff higher up th revs.