PDA

View Full Version : Injector Choice

Dan H
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:36
Hi all, I'm picking up my volvo v70 2.5T (ltp engine?) I've been offered a set of red injectors and was wondering if these are any better than the current ones that come standard?

Engine is totally standard ATM, but as soon as she is home i'll be making a few changes and getting the power up abit.

M-R-P
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:39
If it's ME7, there won't be much you can do and the standard injectors will be fine unless you go for a bigger turbo and a remap.

Dan H
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:40
i forgot to mention is a 1998 model AWD too.. I dont know what this ME7 stuff means (newbie to volvo's) lol

Yeah i'm looking into getting a re-map but unsure about changing the turbo on it as of yet

merc85
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:45
If its got a throttle cable, it aint me7,

Dan H
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:49
I think its got fly-by-wire as it feels too light to be cable

merc85
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:52
If its got a big plastic cover at the front of the engine by the rad on the L/H side above the idle control valve its Standard throttke cable,

If i aint its me7, electronic throttle.

Dan H
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:55
Cheers, i'll have a look when i collect the car and go from there, was tempted to buy a few bits and bobs now so i could out them onto the car over the next week or so but i'll just wait and make sure I order the right part for my engine

M-R-P
Friday 29th March 2013, 01:02
Give it a good service before you get stuck into any mods mate - it'll be worth it.

smithy
Friday 29th March 2013, 01:04
After you give the car a zero full service then if you are going bigger turbo then Me7 blues will do you fine mate.and then remap .

Dan H
Friday 29th March 2013, 01:56
I think its not long had a service but I'll be giving the car a full going over and making sure everything is how it should be and fresh oil/plugs etc.

Cheers guys! I'll have a think about if i want to change the turbo or not, I'll give it a few weeks see how I feel about it, might just re-map with standard turbo as thats supposed to give a good change when the boost comes in

Dangerous Dave
Friday 29th March 2013, 09:32
The LPT engine uses reds as standard (315cc flow). Like Smithy says, bigger turbo, blues and a remap and you'll have fun. Or just the remap will see you smile more :D

Then just look after the AWD.....which is another story :)

Dan H
Friday 29th March 2013, 22:39
Luckily the AWD system has been looked after up to now, so hopefully all is ok! I've booked the car in for a custom Turbo back exhaust on wednesday i'll have a sweet note coming from the exhaust hopefully. turbo maybe on the cards in a few month or maybe next year, i think the re-map and exhaust will do for a few month

Dangerous Dave
Friday 29th March 2013, 22:43
Nice one matey :D