PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the T5R's and 850R's at?

Tomcat
Thursday 28th March 2013, 22:59
Hi all, finally giving in and biting the bullet again, I hate driving this borrowed BM and I need another 850. Looking for a fairly cheap 850R/T5R, don't mind a fixer upper, should have money available in a couple of weeks (Been broke for soo long it's just not funny). Any help finding one would be appreciated.

I've found one on Ebay but there's a laundry list of stuff wrong with it.

nobananas
Thursday 28th March 2013, 23:17
You're stuck in my exact dilemma a few months ago Tc, they all seem to have dissapeared over the last couple of years. The one I've bought I really shouldn't have as the more I look at it the more I find that needs attention, it was a purchase of desperation rather then logical reasoning ! There will be one out there it just depends on how long you are prepared to wait before the 'urge' takes over and you end up with a project rather than transport !

Tomcat
Thursday 28th March 2013, 23:20
Hello stranger!... yeah your right, I can see them slowly dwindling away and I keep thinking I should get one to keep hold of before the price gets so high I can't afford one. Sadly as you say the ones for sale now are at the opposite ends of the spectrum, they're either sheds that no one wants or they're super pristine and too expensive (for me anyway)

nobananas
Thursday 28th March 2013, 23:34
Any particular colour,auto or manual that you're after Tc ?. I wanted a black manual which for some reason became ultra rare ! . Red auto's seem to come up most often at the moment.

Tomcat
Thursday 28th March 2013, 23:36
I'm not too fussed to be honest, I'd LOVE another black manual myself but on my ultra limited budget that's not going to happen, not unless someone feels like giving one away,lol. One I'm considering trying to purchase at the moment is a green auto and I said I'd NEVER have a green one.

Jamest5r
Thursday 28th March 2013, 23:44
Oi nothing wrong with the green one's.

To be honest tc you will be lucky to find a good t5r/r for cheap money so many have been broken over the last couple of year's even really good one's unfortunatly

Tomcat
Thursday 28th March 2013, 23:50
Yeah that has sort of dawned on me recently James, I'd love another so I'm going to have to buy a fixer upper....
Barring of course the proverbial lottery win.lol.

nobananas
Thursday 28th March 2013, 23:57
Is that the green auto that's on the bay at the moment, it looks pretty good although the abs fault would be an mot fail now but nowt much to worry about. At least it runs !

Tomcat
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:03
Yeah...that one... I've tried talking to the guy who owns it but he's being an arrogant §§§§§. I emailed him asking him what he wanted for it, I didn't ask him to end early, I told him I was interested and I got a snotty reply back saying he wouldn't be ending early. I sent him another email appologising for the mix up and explaining that in the event it didn't sell what did he want for it?, I never got a reply. He's now change his add with some really snoty comments at the bottom about not ending early and not selling it for £500....christ I didn't even mention a price... I wouldn't mind but me and the rest of the family is planning a little trip down to Thorpe park in a couple of weeks, as he's that side of London it would have been an ideal time to pick it up, go down on the train, stay over, buy the car and drive back.

merc85
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:06
Yeah...that one... I've tried talking to the guy who owns it but he's being an arrogant §§§§§. I emailed him asking him what he wanted for it, I didn't ask him to end early, I told him I was interested and I got a snotty reply back saying he wouldn't be ending early. I sent him another email appologising for the mix up and explaining that in the event it didn't sell what did he want for it?, I never got a reply. He's now change his add with some really snoty comments at the bottom about not ending early and not selling it for £500....christ I didn't even mention a price... I wouldn't mind but me and the rest of the family is planning a little trip down to Thorpe park in a couple of weeks, as he's that side of London it would have been an ideal time to pick it up, go down on the train, stay over, buy the car and drive back.

Certainly looks clean bud, ;)

Tomcat
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:13
Yeah it does, just have to get him to actualy talk sensibly to me now so I can find out what he wants for it, I've just emailed him again and layed it out plainly for him, if he mucks me about again then it's obvious that he doesnt actualy want to sell it.

nobananas
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:16
I wouldn't take it too personally mate. He's probably had a hundred calls from people thinking they can buy it for peanuts as well as the usual 'break it' brigade. Pick you're highest bid, wait for the last few seconds and if you get it then great, if not never mind. Bit gutted myself actually as having a quick look on eBay I saw quite a nice black, manual V70r which would have done me but it wasn't there in October but the 850 was !

Tomcat
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:25
I'd like to bid but no money for the next few weeks yet, trying to convince the guy that I'm interested in buying it. It's always the same isn't it?, when you've no money the cars are all over the place, when you have the money there are none about.

MA'R'K
Friday 29th March 2013, 01:43
Hey Tomcat, has anyone enquired about this one??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271173316988?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

.....seems mad to me that this one hasn't sold yet? Surely got to be worth it...now only 2k!

How about a wildcard choice (please someone buy this one before I have to!!!):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330883025830?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

smithy
Friday 29th March 2013, 04:48
That 940 is a nice rare motor and would suit tomcat I think .be different mate and them engines don't go wrong ether.

foammanmark
Friday 29th March 2013, 09:58
I was looking at this one on Car & Classic before doing the deal on the gul. Quite pricey but looks sorted. Is it a known car on here or even a members?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C363935

Gregor
Friday 29th March 2013, 10:06
two weeks isn't too unreasonable if there's distance and kids/holidays etc I don't think. Make sure he's got your number so if he pulls it or you don't win the auction and the buyer goes awol he'll be able to get in touch with you.

nobananas
Friday 29th March 2013, 10:08
Hey Tomcat, has anyone enquired about this one??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271173316988?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

.....seems mad to me that this one hasn't sold yet? Surely got to be worth it...now only 2k!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330883025830?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The first eBay one was the one I liked the look of too. Think Tc may be set on an 850, nice as the V70r is that's still a lot of wedge for a 16 year old motor !

V70 Graham
Friday 29th March 2013, 10:19

Looks a nice car, hope someone on here grabs it.

cherry1809
Friday 29th March 2013, 10:20
Hello again mate, it's a bit of a long shot but a friend of mine says he knows the whereabouts of one. I asked him about it ages ago with a mind to break it and use some bits on mine. I'll send him another message and see if it's still about :)

Tomcat
Friday 29th March 2013, 13:17
Tbh guys I'm not really set on an 850 but I dont have a lot of money, whatever I buy it's going to have to be sub 12-1300

Thanks Cherry, I'm still chasing after this one in London but any leads for others are greatfully received. The guy in London is now sounding a little freindlier, he says his dads place is iin Cheshire so that's going to be a big help getting the car back, that said he's lowered the starting price...

leet5r
Friday 29th March 2013, 20:54
av just found a good 1 like lads , R manual aswell some nice bits on already

volvokid
Friday 29th March 2013, 21:00
How about sourcing a C70 TC something totally different from what you have had

Tomcat
Friday 29th March 2013, 23:01
Are you telling me about one that's for sale Lee or one you've got for yourself?
Thought about a C70 before but tbh I like the usefullness of an estate, the Beemer I have now is a saloon and I keep having a need for more storage space in the tiny boot.

cherry1809
Saturday 30th March 2013, 06:39
No go on the one down here :(
He got rid of it (git could have told me too!)

Tomcat
Saturday 30th March 2013, 07:03
§§§§§§!... thanks anyway...

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 30th March 2013, 07:45
Nice to see you back T.C. With your limited budget, and the price of fuel and T5's liking the drink, have you considered a diesel 850? Put some nice wheels on it etc and have the looks without the costs.

leet5r
Saturday 30th March 2013, 09:59
Are you telling me about one that's for sale Lee or one you've got for yourself?
Thought about a C70 before but tbh I like the usefullness of an estate, the Beemer I have now is a saloon and I keep having a need for more storage space in the tiny boot.
sorry , 1 i found for myelf , there will be god cars about just have to look lol

Tomcat
Saturday 30th March 2013, 18:30
Thanks for the welcome Mike, I want one because I REALLY miss my black one (worst mistake I ever made selling it), Yeah petrols expensive but at the moment I'm only using the car for pottering about and going to uni three days a week, it's actualy cheaper to insure an R than it is to insure the 1.8 beemer.

Lee, thanks bud, got the pm

T5frankie
Saturday 30th March 2013, 18:36
Nice to see you back T.C. With your limited budget, and the price of fuel and T5's liking the drink, have you considered a diesel 850? Put some nice wheels on it etc and have the looks without the costs.

thats what my brother has to do, he cant afford to run his t5

AndysR
Sunday 31st March 2013, 13:05
Blimey I have been away for a while TC's back on VPC and he wants another Volvo, welcome back good to still see some old faces :)

Must confess the R's don't seem to be as popular these days and with Pistonheads charging for classified add's I'm guessing that eBay is the best bet for national sales and they seem slim on the ground on there.... that green one does look nice in the pictures though...

Jamest5r
Sunday 31st March 2013, 14:18
Needs a bit of tlc but cheap :)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volvo-v70-cd-t5-turbo/1013867256

Tomcat
Sunday 31st March 2013, 14:36
Thanks Andy, it's only after putting up with this crappy BM that I realise how good my Volvo was, good to be back.

AndysR
Sunday 31st March 2013, 15:45
Thanks Andy, it's only after putting up with this crappy BM that I realise how good my Volvo was, good to be back.

Must confess you appreciate the quality of a Volvo more when you see what else there is on offer! Even an abused Volvo looks good after a session with some turtle wax, that can't be said for alot of the suppossedly superior Germanic vehicles..