PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 boost gauge dont seem right

no1tosh
Thursday 28th March 2013, 18:20
hi sorry to keep asking loads of questions, i have this on going saga that im sure my t5 isnt boosting properly.
like ive said before it comes on then nothing much happens after just stays at the same and very flat.

anyways ive floored it a few times up to 5,000 rpm and the boost gauge only goes just short of half way in to the white then seems to drop back a tiny little bit.
is this right?

it is completly standard apart from a baileys dump valve and forge blanking plate that was on it when i bought it

thanks again

tosh

T5frankie
Thursday 28th March 2013, 18:24
check all pipes for laeaks, boost and vacuum, check the actuator rod is tight, it should be halfway into the white as standard

no1tosh
Thursday 28th March 2013, 18:47
ahh right ok ill have a look see

thanks again

martybelfastt5
Thursday 28th March 2013, 18:59
maybe the white staright connector on the boost pip that runs along the top of the rad tends to stop the boost gauge all together but if its loose............

claymore
Thursday 28th March 2013, 19:00
half way into the white is about right, and boost will drop off higher up the rev range.

no1tosh
Thursday 28th March 2013, 19:12
it must be me expecting to much hahah, like i said ill have to have a good look this weekend and check everything.
ive brought some tools home from work to check the plugs and generaly have a good fiddle and tinker.

shepbomb
Thursday 28th March 2013, 19:58
Halfway definetly seems right without a map

theflyingbrick
Friday 29th March 2013, 11:08
tbh when standard these cars wont rip your face off lol so maybe you are expecting a bit much.......remap on the other hand would be the best 162 quid youll ever spend,then youll see the gauge go to the end of the white bit ;) get in touch with HLM in bromsgrove and get it sorted ;)