PDA

View Full Version : Volvo v40 1999 non of electric windows work help please !!!!!

teddy241091
Thursday 28th March 2013, 17:35
Windows all worked fine closed my windows other night an drove a mile down the road home an parked up went in came out to car next morning an none of my electric windows work at all !!!!

As i know of theres a fuse box just behind the bonnet pull handle an ive checked the accessorie fuses an few other fuses in there an there all fine ive also checked the fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet an thats also fine

Ive looked for a relay an cant find a any where to show which one is for the windows

The weather today has been the first nice ish weather in a while an im sick of not having windows lol

Im not always on here so if any one has advice either coment on this an i will check when i can or text me via pm

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 28th March 2013, 23:25
Double check your model... there is another fusebox inside the car for accessories... see link below

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?34494-Your-Dumb-Blonde-moments-Mine-was-today&highlight=

teddy241091
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:26
Think thats a newer model hes on about but like i said i checked fuse box in engine bay an under the cover in drivers footwell also disnt notice until my mate said but near my handbrake where all my switchs are non of them no longer are back light an theres no relay click when i press any buttons

JUDGENINJA
Friday 29th March 2013, 00:36
I'd be surprised if it wasn't a simple electrical gremlin, so it sounds like the central switch that is the common link?? It could just be the earth wire.
Have you tried the switches in each of the doors?

I wonder if I've got a spare switch in the garage that you could try?
Where in the country are you?

teddy241091
Saturday 6th April 2013, 21:51
Checked relay in the door wasnt that checke driver switch an centre switch console wasnt that an all fuses in engine bay an driver foot well still nothing doing my head in with no windows lol an my volvo is up for sale!!!!! As want abit more power now lol