PDA

View Full Version : need help, 1999 v70 t5

razzle
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 19:11
him im new to volvos, but iv just got a 1999 v70 t5 manual ex police, i love the car but the other day driving it home all the warning lights come on and the speedo and rev counter stop working, but turns the cd player off then the battery goes flat. to start with i thought it was the alternator so iv changed that but after running for 5mis it does the same thing so im a bit lost. iv done a bit of searching and a lot of people say its the clocks then some people say the abs.
i would be very grateful of some help :D

many thanks
russell

deathrider311271
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 19:18
99 V70 will be ME7 you need the codes reading with Vida Dice. I can tell you it wont be the clocks on a P1 V70, its the P2's that suffer with that particular problem. I had the same problem with my clocks and it was the ABS ECU, i just changed the ECU and pump together for a compatible part, however a failing abs sensor can do the same.

razzle
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 19:23
ok mate thanks very much, ill change the abs ecu and the abs sensor! thanks again :)

deathrider311271
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 19:34
ok mate thanks very much, ill change the abs ecu and the abs sensor! thanks again :)
You need to get the codes read with Volvo software, unless you have extremely deep pockets, i dont see the point in replacing something it might not be

razzle
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 19:39
i can get the parts cheap as my mate works for a motor parts and theres a few in my local scrappy and kno them well, iv just been looking in to the code reader and will most probs get one by the end of the week

razzle
Thursday 11th April 2013, 17:07
update... new abs ecu witch since fitted the lights come and go on the dash so im going to change the pump over as well as it came with the ecu, its been plugged in but there's no fault codes coming up, all its doing now is not charging the battery at all but its had an alternator, only thing i can thing of is that there's a bad wire somewhere from the alternator to the battery :/

stribo
Thursday 11th April 2013, 18:12
Definitely sounds like a wiring problem, check your earth straps in particular.

jotter22
Thursday 11th April 2013, 20:52
You need to get the codes read with Volvo software, unless you have extremely deep pockets, i dont see the point in replacing something it might not be

Sound advice not to spend on stuff thats not at fault take it from me your ME7 will give you enough genuine reasons for that it wont need any help!

Tony.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 11th April 2013, 21:04
Snapped engine Earth wire??

v70tom
Friday 12th April 2013, 04:45
Ex police - sounds like wiring problem.
Don't forget the extra electronics the used to have for all there equipment,
They may just forgot something to put proper back.
I bought a ex cop bike and they forgot to remove the self cut out in case the bike gets stolen.
After 1/2 drive it would stopp and not start for 15 minutes without resetting the system.
It was only a little green box under the seat.
Strange thing but when I found out and it it out, it worked perfect.
May worth a investigation? Just not sure where to start unless going to a police garage, they cold tell you!
....... If they want to ...... .! ?