PDA

View Full Version : V70 headlight jets

v70tom
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 07:57
Hi guys,
There maybe another post on here about but I can not find one, so I just ask the question.

Did anyone replace the headlight wipers for actually washer jets on a v70 phase 1 ?
The wipers are in the bumper not in a panel under the lights similar to the 850s.

As one is broke and makes permanent rattling noise I just unpluged it and after a look I don't really want to replace them.
If there is any chance to exchange them for jets to work with the Screenwash I would go this lane.

Anybody did this before ?
Maybe a picture of how it looks and how to do explanation would be nice.
Thanks

I always could use the rear screen wash button for it as I removed the rear wiper complete and the wash system can be modified to work as headlight wash. (Maybe).

Brett855tdi
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 11:49
I remember the wipers being mounted to the front panel, you could put some jets into the bumper, the washers should already be there on the wipers.... or you could do what ive done with my 850 and c70 and thrown them in the bin ;)

Brett855tdi
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 11:52
I think stribo blanked his off too
I know your supposed to have the washers for a illegitimate hid conversion... among st a few other things, i get through mot fine and if they didnt like them i would just put some 55ws back in for MOT

Harvey
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 11:59
I think the jets have a lot bigger washer tank,the pain with these are at mot time if you have hid lamps,if there are holes in the bumper the tester might fail the car,the rules say if fitted must work,so not sure if removed what they would say as they are not fitted.

Brett855tdi
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 12:11
Theres only 1 tank isnt there?
MOT will require jets for hid lamps but not lamp wipers.... will also require self leveling lights/suspension and the right E marked lamps, as well as low and high both being on on high beam (volvos do anyway)

If you dont meet all these its 10 mins putting stock bulbs back before the test.

Your car shouldnt be failed for having only jets and holes from the wipers being removed, as long as your cars ok for the other terms.

Harvey
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 12:15
I can remember reading somewhere the cars with jets fitted had bigger tanks,2006 on
As washer jets use a lot more water than wipers and they don't clean aswell,properly removed for crash testing reasons.

stribo
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 13:04
I think stribo blanked his off too
I know your supposed to have the washers for a illegitimate hid conversion... among st a few other things, i get through mot fine and if they didnt like them i would just put some 55ws back in for MOT

No, mine are in place, and work perfectly, unlike V70Graham's. ;) I think Iancho had removed his.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 13:35
No, mine are in place, and work perfectly, unlike V70Graham's. ;) I think Iancho had removed his.

Ouch.....I'm just waiting for a new motor !

Harvey
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 15:48
I had a motor go on me,volvo wanted approx £230 + VAT so off to eBay for that one cost me £20 + postage.
It's not a 5 min job to fit.
The "R"motor in not the same as the stranded S60/V70 motors the lead from the motor is longer on the "R" but it still the same plug(the bumper is longer re intercooler.

v70tom
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 16:54
I don't see a prob with the mot.
is not strict on the bloody govt §§§§ty book to make money.
I just don't know where to get blanks for removing the wipers or put jets in without having the
Nasty looking holes after removing the motors.

Harvey
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 18:02
I don't see a prob with the mot.
is not strict on the bloody govt §§§§ty book to make money.
I just don't know where to get blanks for removing the wipers or put jets in without having the
Nasty looking holes after removing the motors.

Just how deep are you pockets.

http://www.vivaperformance.com/headlight-wiper-plug-cover-s60r-and-v70r/

I think they will fit but not sure,just to much cash as you still need to paint them,best bet see your local body shop.

v70tom
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 20:28
What ?
Are they real?
I don't want a whole bumper!
Guess the best bet is to make my own out of some plastic,
Paint it,
Glue it in after I fit some jets from a scrapyard car. Or even some of them fancy light ones from ebay.

Aim not spending this amount on two plastic pieces. Sorry. But not.
Thanks anyway for the hint.

volvokid
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 20:37
I had a motor go on me,volvo wanted approx £230 + VAT so off to eBay for that one cost me £20 + postage.
It's not a 5 min job to fit.
The "R"motor in not the same as the stranded S60/V70 motors the lead from the motor is longer on the "R" but it still the same plug(the bumper is longer re intercooler.

Volvo wanted 100 for one when I called. I did the ssme as you just out a second hand one on. The rear wiper is 300 I got one for 30

v70tom
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 22:36
The rear wiper 300 ?
I removed mine.
Is actually in perfect condition.
All there. If someone wants it I sell it for 40.
And iam serious on this. Don't know how much p&p would be, but is all there incl the old blade.
I don't like rear wipers on estates.
Misses switch them on and all the crap runs down the Bootlid. Looks awful.

volvokid
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 23:15
Yeah the motor is £300. For that money I would rather keep fitting second hand ones its a 10 minute fix. If my headlight one goes again I will buy new because its more fiddly to change.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 23:58
Mine removed and passed mot

M-R-P
Wednesday 27th March 2013, 00:11
Volvo wanted 100 for one when I called. I did the ssme as you just out a second hand one on. The rear wiper is 300 I got one for 30

I just bought another tailgate for £25 - job done ;)

volvokid
Wednesday 27th March 2013, 00:20
I just bought another tailgate for £25 - job done ;)

Lol that would take longer than 10 mins

M-R-P
Wednesday 27th March 2013, 00:22
20, not encluding cleaning and fitting the number plate ;)

v70tom
Wednesday 27th March 2013, 07:51
Well,
I made my mind up, I see a mate later on today and see what he sugested about washer jets and filling the hole.
Don't wanna mess around with filer and resprayed, even this would be easy option as the compressor and 15liter gloss black sitting in the shed.
Rather finding some material i can use to cut to size , put a jet in, connect and glue it over the hole.

And once is done I put the working headlight wiper motor, the rear wiper motor incl arm and other bits I have left from cars on ebay to get some more space in my sheds.

Thinking of buying another bike as well.
Give the gsx1100 a sister. Maybe a zzr1100 or even 1400. Depends on bargains. Lol

Also will post on here what's for sale, of course cheaper for members.