PDA

View Full Version : how many suspension bushes?

p fandango
Monday 25th March 2013, 16:17
just looking thru the MOT & they'd put down a couple of suspension bushes as an advisory, just been onto the Powerflex site to see about all of Bonny's replaced & they do 11 different kits for the S60. Totalled them all up & comes to £441 :(

Harvey
Monday 25th March 2013, 16:26
I guess it will be the front wishbones ones,powerflex only do one for front arms

Harvey
Monday 25th March 2013, 16:29
just looking thru the MOT & they'd put down a couple of suspension bushes as an advisory, just been onto the Powerflex site to see about all of Bonny's replaced & they do 11 different kits for the S60. Totalled them all up & comes to £441 :(

Yes but the big kits are for the s60 AWD cars.

M-R-P
Monday 25th March 2013, 17:00
There may very soon be front wishbone rear polys available to forum members soon...

p fandango
Monday 25th March 2013, 17:02
Yes but the big kits are for the s60 AWD cars.
Theirs a different category for the AWD, so they SHOULD all just be for the fwd but powerflex have made mistakes before

Harvey
Monday 25th March 2013, 17:35
There may very soon be front wishbone rear polys available to forum members soon...

Please tell me more.

Harvey
Monday 25th March 2013, 18:16
Just looked on powerflex site they now do a new range of black bushes track day race.

And here the link

http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=powerflex&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.powerflex.co.uk%2F&ei=XZRQUe-3NOby7Ab_24CYBA&usg=AFQjCNGSB4RwN21DJArZqD9XpkYN92AO0g

JamesT5
Monday 25th March 2013, 18:20

Just in the process of front polybushing my old genuine Volvo wishbones. I'll be putting them up for sale when they're done.....

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 12:12
we have discussed those black series bushes, but after speaking to powerflex felt that they would be too harsh for road use.
powerflex said they are solely made to be about 80% solid, where all that mattters on a track is to keep the suspension stiff to set it up accurately, but for road use may well have excessive vibration and judder.

we still get negative feedback from time to time about the normal powerflex bushes having excess noise after being fitted, but unfortunately it is nature of the product - you dont have a denser, longer lasting bush without a bit more noise transferrance.

If anybody wants to particularly order some black series bushes we will get them for you, but not list them on the site for now. most of the major locations and popular bushes are covered.

pedro - look at our site, becasue we cross referenced the oe part numbers over so we list some powerflex do not. i believe it is just that powerflex made them all from an AWD car and dont have the oe information we do.

p fandango
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 13:16
If anybody wants to particularly order some black series bushes we will get them for you, but not list them on the site for now. most of the major locations and popular bushes are covered.

pedro - look at our site, becasue we cross referenced the oe part numbers over so we list some powerflex do not. i believe it is just that powerflex made them all from an AWD car and dont have the oe information we do.
I haven't been to the powerflex site to see what blacks are available, but certainly be interested in a full set for the 850. I'll go & have a look for the s60's on pfv then thanks

Harvey
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 16:14
I haven't been to the powerflex site to see what blacks are available, but certainly be interested in a full set for the 850. I'll go & have a look for the s60's on pfv then thanks

It looks like any bush can be got in the new black range

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 16:19
i had a look, and it wasnt all, just most of them. unless they have added since then.

Harvey
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 16:23
I just looked at the S60 AWD

p fandango
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 17:14
I just looked at the S60 AWD
I'm only going blacks on the 850, they aren't selling them thru there website yet tho