PDA

View Full Version : Blacky Running, need help? poss ecu's fault

merc85
Saturday 23rd March 2013, 21:09
Well before i was about to take the gearbox off to change the flywheel i put the cars orignal non mapped ecu back in and tried to start her.

Guess what... only started and ran! she boosts as she should and doesnt hold back between 3-4k currently runing a mbc and all seems good.

When i put my hlm ecu in her she hesitates coughs n splutters between 3-4k so its a pritty good guess my mapped ecu has gone up the swaney.

Just throwing it out there, but before i go get my standard ecu remapped does anyone have a hlm/rica mapped ecu i could try just so i no for sure weather its a fault with running high boost ie fault with the car or a fault that is within my mapped ecu?

If not obviously i will have to bite the bullet and send off for another mapped ecu.

Still at least im using the car at last and even at 12 psi she seems tobe running well.

foammanmark
Saturday 23rd March 2013, 21:16
Only boosting at 12 psi Merc? I should be so lucky. No seriously, my unmapped R boosts at 11-12 psi but she's off to be mapped soon. Hope you get her sorted.

merc85
Saturday 23rd March 2013, 21:18
Only boosting at 12 psi Merc? I should be so lucky. No seriously, my unmapped R boosts at 11-12 psi but she's off to be mapped soon. Hope you get her sorted.

Yeah bud cant boost any higher than that for over a few seconds cus she hits boost cut. :(

t5steve
Sunday 24th March 2013, 02:01
my auto rica is out on loan at the mo but you are welcome to try it when i get it back........................can get it back anytime by the way

deathrider311271
Sunday 24th March 2013, 02:37
Gav it wouldnt be the first time a mapped or standard ecu has gone faulty

nottsgreent5
Sunday 24th March 2013, 08:23
I had a mapped ecu pack up on me a while ago injector banks kept sticking open when starting up on a hot engine still got the ecu if u want to try it runs perfect from cold till you have to re start it lol

Kingsford G
Sunday 24th March 2013, 09:22
Glad u don`t have to replace the flywheel now Gav.

theflyingbrick
Sunday 24th March 2013, 10:38
the mapped ecu went wobbly on my last one mate,but i didnt know untill i put it in this one and had the codes read :( its not unheard off when a ecu is mapped it might go wrong!!

merc85
Sunday 24th March 2013, 18:54
Thanks peep's, i think im just going to bite the bullet and send off for another one, unless anyone knows anywhere in essex i can get it remapped?? be good to get the map to suite the mods.

jotter22
Sunday 24th March 2013, 18:58
i dont know if AMD do anything for them?

hybriduno
Sunday 24th March 2013, 19:32
Merc i have a standard ecu out of a manual t5? 1996 model. just thinking u might be able to get it mapped cheaper?

merc85
Sunday 24th March 2013, 19:52
Merc i have a standard ecu out of a manual t5? 1996 model. just thinking u might be able to get it mapped cheaper?

Cheers bud thats what im runing atm with a mbc.

smithy
Sunday 24th March 2013, 20:22
You could take a drive to hlm and put it on the rollers too and all setup

merc85
Sunday 24th March 2013, 20:37
You could take a drive to hlm and put it on the rollers too and all setup

yeah may well do that if i get time,