PDA

View Full Version : Boot seats in a 'new' V70

chance
Monday 17th January 2005, 17:29
Can someone tell me whether the boot seats are still an option on the new shape 2000-on V70 estate? The folding seat seems to be missing from the options list of the latest brochure I just flipped through, but a road test I have of a 2000 model says "you can bolt a couple of kiddy chairs to the boot floor, turning the car into an occassional seven seater."

Can someone explain this system to me; are these forward or rearward facing? Are the seats individual rather than a double bench on the older models? Are the mountings already present in all new V70s, and what about the seatbelts?

Lyfe
Thursday 10th February 2005, 15:55
I can partly help out here.

Yes, they are still an option, but I have no idea how much.
The seats replace the removable floor panels in a normal V70, so the seats themselves are easy to fit, however, theres nothing in place for the seat belts as standard. I'd guess it wouldnt be that hard to home-fit, but I personally wouldnt mess with seat belts. But I could just be a wimp!

In the older models, they where rear facing and I dont think it has changed, but dont quote me too much on that front.

V8guitar
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 00:51
I checked this when I bought my 2001 T5 V70.

Seats are rear facing and cost £600 to retro fit. Very simple mod and I think the mounts are already there...

Cost from new, I assume, is around the same.

V8guitar
Tuesday 8th March 2005, 00:54
...didn't read it properly so missed some bits.
They are two individual seats, the mounts as I said I'm sure are there ( I can check if you want, but not now - check the time! ).

I would suggest Volvo installs as the cost is really for the seats and the install I suspect is cheap. Seat belts use mounts near the roof and operate as normal inertia jobs...phew!