PDA

View Full Version : issue

Knight Rider
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:39
On the way home from work went to overtake an articulated lorry, halfway to foot to the floor, halfway past the lorry -POP! no power ! semi - stall, chug chug managed to limp it to somewhere safer to examine, and the pipe from under the engine conecting to the intercooler ( i think ) is not connected (large one). tried in vain to clip it back together and in where it should come from, but no avail.

Jamest5r
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:44
The inlet for the ic under the engine is on the n/s just follow the rad to the bottom and its pointing towards the kerb so to speak

Knight Rider
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:57
Yeah the pipe goes under the inlet ( i think ) and it seems to have 3 little clips on it - sorry im not overly mechanical minded. Either which way i cant get it to go back into position

JamesT5
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:57
On the T5 ME7 engine the intercooler pipe connects to the intercooler on the passenger side, low down near the radiator and the other end plugs in to the ETM. I hope that's of some help.....

Knight Rider
Thursday 21st March 2013, 20:03
not really sure how to describe it. The pipe seems to be disconnected from the under the inlet, goes underneath and then swings round and back up to join somewhere near the the top of the radiator / intercooler close to the battery.
I apologise if thats not particulary clear but its the best description i can fathem

JamesT5
Thursday 21st March 2013, 20:08
not really sure how to describe it. The pipe seems to be disconnected from the under the inlet, goes underneath and then swings round and back up to join somewhere near the the top of the radiator / intercooler close to the battery.
I apologise if thats not particulary clear but its the best description i can fathem

Yes, that's the intercooler pipe. Where you say it has disconnected under the inlet manifold, that's actually where it joins on to the ETM. There is a jubilee clip there that will need refitting and tightening. The pipe has to be pushed securely in to the hole in the ETM and then the jubilee clip done up tightly.

JamesT5
Thursday 21st March 2013, 20:13
It may look similar to the pipe in this picture. This was from when I cleaned my ETM the first time and the pipe had been loosened ready for removal (as you can see in the photo).....

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s562/_JamesT5/P6130365_zps782ca962.jpg

Knight Rider
Friday 22nd March 2013, 11:55
Yeah that looks about right, and the right position too

JamesT5
Friday 22nd March 2013, 11:58
Yeah that looks about right, and the right position too

The pipe will just push in and then tighten the jubilee clip back up. Job done... :D

M-R-P
Friday 22nd March 2013, 12:09
Undo the jubilee clip 1st lol

Might be worth getting a new jubilee clip - if it's come off once...

JamesT5
Friday 22nd March 2013, 22:27
Undo the jubilee clip 1st lol

Might be worth getting a new jubilee clip - if it's come off once...

Yes, these jubilee clips to have a habit of wearing out as I've discovered today trying to refit hoses to my car.