PDA

View Full Version : Respray

shepbomb
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:15
Well the car has been in for nearly two weeks now and I got a call today asking me to call in, they showed me the rot on the front wings and asked if I would like it repaired, only one answer to this YES, so the council trashing my car is now hitting me deep in the pockets but it WILL look better for it.

V70 Graham
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:34
Ouch, but as you say will be better, any idea when it will be done ?

JamesT5
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:39
I hope the council are going to pay up for their stupidity and cavalier behaviour!

shepbomb
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:42
It originally should have been done last Thursday the 14th, I am now getting the car back on Tuesday the 26th, good job it is not my daily runner, and so far my insurance have paid everything and they are pursuing the council, so hopefully the do cough up.

JamesT5
Thursday 21st March 2013, 19:55
It originally should have been done last Thursday the 14th, I am now getting the car back on Tuesday the 26th, good job it is not my daily runner, and so far my insurance have paid everything and they are pursuing the council, so hopefully the do cough up.

Bet you've been 'gritting' your teeth over this..... ;)

jotter22
Thursday 21st March 2013, 21:22
Bet you've been 'gritting' your teeth over this..... ;)

:nono:

Have you managed to get the bodyshop to price the rust in with the painting? so as far as the ins co see its all part and parcel which to be fair it is! and do you have protected no claims?

Tony.

shepbomb
Thursday 21st March 2013, 21:28
Hi Tony,
they wouldn't include the work as a full package, so it is costing me an extra 500 quid when done, but thats for the prepping and spraying of two wings, spoiler and bumper, and I dont have a protected no claims :-(

jotter22
Thursday 21st March 2013, 21:32
5h1t sorry bro but on the bright side it will look so much better when its done and rust free for a good few years.

Tony.

shepbomb
Thursday 21st March 2013, 21:33
Yeah thats it mate, and I was discussing it with pete earlier one visit and having it done right is better than bodging and having it done later down the line, the 850 is turning into a labour of love

jotter22
Thursday 21st March 2013, 21:43
Once you have it back and its all been paid for you will be over the moon you wait and see.

Tony.

shepbomb
Thursday 21st March 2013, 21:53
I cant wait to get the car back mate,

Gregor
Friday 22nd March 2013, 00:28
I put mine in to get painted a few weeks ago as there was minor rust around one of the front arches - or so I thought! I got a call from the painter to say the wings weren't worth painting and better off with new ones. Before the replacements went on I asked him if he'd waxoyl the inside of the wings, the arches and front chassis area which I thought was worthwhile when they were off.....

JamesT5
Friday 22nd March 2013, 08:58
I put mine in to get painted a few weeks ago as there was minor rust around one of the front arches - or so I thought! I got a call from the painter to say the wings weren't worth painting and better off with new ones. Before the replacements went on I asked him if he'd waxoyl the inside of the wings, the arches and front chassis area which I thought was worthwhile when they were off.....

My front drivers wing is rusty so I have a replacement wing waiting to go on to my P2 T5 that I brought on ebay from a breakers that came off an S60. Thankfully it is paint code 427-26, same as mine, happy days! :D

Sometimes doing this (as was the case with me), is cheaper than a respray. :B_thumb: