PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had experience changing delta link suspsension parts??

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 21st March 2013, 00:11
Im getting an annoying knocking/clunking coming from the rear of my car when loaded/ hard braking / hard turing. All noise ison n/s rear/middle of the car. Ive asked you lot before what it might be and doing some more investigations i would deffo say it is that. Have any of you in the southwest done this before and want to earn some money and do mine?? Or can give some DO's and DONTS's when carrying out this task. I see that a Volvo Tool is requiered??

Im also thinking of maybe taking it to MRG in chippenham down the road from me as the apparently do discount for t5d5 memebers? Any idea to how long it'll take the professionals to do

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 21st March 2013, 09:28
if you are reffering to the large double eyelet bush at the front of the delta link arm, then i believe they are meant to be quite difficult to fit.
we do sell loads of them , as well as the small end bracket mounts. it seems they are a relatively common mot fail now.

a customer did tell me he intended to heat the outer arm to get it to come out more easily, but i am not sure how he got on.
i would recommend a four wheel align after distrubing any of this, as the positioning give some adjustment on the rear wheel alignment.

p fandango
Thursday 21st March 2013, 11:49
a customer did tell me he intended to heat the outer arm to get it to come out more easily, but i am not sure how he got on
i've heard about doing that so it heats up & melts the rubber bushing around it

jotter22
Thursday 21st March 2013, 12:11
i've heard about doing that so it heats up & melts the rubber bushing around it

I didn't think you could melt rubber?

Jamest5r
Thursday 21st March 2013, 13:22
Big hammer and screwdriver got mine out :)

Rudeyboy18
Thursday 21st March 2013, 13:30
Big hammer and screwdriver got mine out :)

What about getting it back in..... :-)

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 21st March 2013, 13:34
put the bushing in the freezer overnight, and heat the arm on the car?

might slide in more easily

jotter22
Thursday 21st March 2013, 13:55
might slide in more easily

Anyone else know where this is leading?:nono:

tony.