PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 broke down today :(

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 20:32
well im not gonna bore you all with the back story but basically after a very long time i got the old girl running sweeeet,that was yesterday afternoon,today however i went to get the car from where i do my repairs,took it up the road but it was quite busy so i never got a chance to give it the beans in the dry (it was rainig yesterday) but iwas happy to wait for another day to feel my new found power,except i went to pull off from the lights and the car stalled and wont restart....i looked a right plum pushing the car all the way home (about a mile anyway) it didnt seem that far to my house untill i started pushing!!

anyways ive checked a few things all be it in the dark but shes defo got a spark to the plugs the coil lead itself has a good strong spark but i changed the coil for a spare just in case,ive had a look and theres no plugs loose or pipes come off,with the ignition on i can hear the fuel pump whirring in the back for about 5 or so seconds then stops,other than that i aint got a clue!! everything was fine then it just stalled and wont restart......................any ideas

merc85
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 20:57
Try the injector driver relay, under the front slam panel, also the fuel pump relay in the fuse box, 107 on the top of it. Failing that i will drive my bag of ***t volvo to you and we can have a mass Volvo breaking session:mad111:

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 21:04
hahahaha im up for that mate,a crate of beers and some very large hammers ;) but ill have a look at mine tomorrow in the daylight before making my mind up lmao

merc85
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 21:07
believe you me mate, if i had the doller id be driving summit else, ive been looking and the temptation just keeps getting stronger

T5frankie
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:04
Try the injector driver relay, under the front slam panel, also the fuel pump relay in the fuse box, 107 on the top of it. Failing that i will drive my bag of ***t volvo to you and we can have a mass Volvo breaking session:mad111:

its 103 mate

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:09
its 103 mate

lol cheers frankie,im gonna go through it all tomorrow when theres some daylight and check all the relays and stuff,hopefully i find it quickly coz its getting cold out there brrrrrrr lol

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 19:06
just a little update............its up and running again whoop whoop,i dont know how it was even working to start with seeing as the hose from the fuel pump to the casing wasnt attached!!!! its like a brand new motor now nice smooth pick up all the way to 6750 rpm :) now i can turn the actuator back in coz its only running 12 psi and im not having that lmao

t5steve
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 21:50
yippee.................glad it was an easy fix mate...................well done

V70 Graham
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 22:12
Well done Lee, I love cheap easy fixes.

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 22:24
Well done Lee, I love cheap easy fixes.

me too they are indeed my favourite type of fixes :D