PDA

View Full Version : Blacky, flywheel change Anyone wanna help?

merc85
Monday 18th March 2013, 23:34
Well spent out on new plugs and leads, checked out the fuel injector driver, changed airflow and cranksensor (again) although the car runs, she missis at around 3-4k, then clears and all good under wot.

Have order a new fuel pump which will be fitted before i do the flywheel, I'm, loosing if not lost all interest in Volvo's tbh and at a last ditch atempt im going to swap the flywheels over from the obd2 lump i have.

Blacky is runing a auto obd2 engine fitted with a obd1 flywheel, when i fitted this setup she wouldnt start. Ive since read reversing the polarity ie switch two wire round on the flywheel pick up sorts this. (i have done this) and she starts!! but has a miss fire/flat spot fuel starvation call it what ever you like.

So i'm left with to option's, change the flywheel to the later obd2 one, Which is what she ran ok with on the obd2 manual lump... or call it a day, break the dam thing sell off all the bits and go drive summit else other than a Volvo.

Tbh ive sunk alot of doller into this one and the previous, not to mention time and my wife is i dare say slightly P**** off with me spending all the free time i have in the garage,

If anyone would like to lend me hand in dropping the subframe and changing the flywheel's over from blacky's original lump sitting outside then it would be great (beer tokens given) baring in mind i have no lift, one large trolley jack and to axle stands working off the floor in my garage, so any other tools etc would certainly help

Time wise, wkend after this coming 30th onwards , if not i will obviously just crack on and do it on my todd (again)

Just throwing the idea out there :(

M-R-P
Monday 18th March 2013, 23:53
If I can, I'm there mate (knowing the missus, it'll be awkward but I'll try). If nowt else, I can deadlift the bloody thing lol.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 00:01
If nothing comes along at the that time I`ll give u a hand mate,also 2x3tonn trolley jacks and some tools will be coming along.If u have a little air compressor an air gun is there too.

deathrider311271
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 00:10
if u make it weekend of the 6th April i will come down mate

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 20:21
id love to mate but mines broke again :( im starting to feel the same as you bud,just §§§§ the volvos off and go back to a nice reliable performance car coz these poxy things are fine when standard (most of the time) but wheres the fun in that?? anyways if i get it sorted before hand ill be on your door with a boot full of tools to give you some help mate ;) but i gotta sort mine first lol

Kingsford G
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 20:37
id love to mate but mines broke again :( im starting to feel the same as you bud,just §§§§ the volvos off and go back to a nice reliable performance car coz these poxy things are fine when standard (most of the time) but wheres the fun in that?? anyways if i get it sorted before hand ill be on your door with a boot full of tools to give you some help mate ;) but i gotta sort mine first lol
Volvos ok tuned as long as the parts fitted r quality.When we work on them we rush to get it done and jump in to floor it and miss a few bits or disturb something and start having a headache.Hope u get yrs sorted soon mate.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:20
Free Sun 14th April at the moment, s**t with tools but I'm good at doing what I'm told.

M-R-P
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:45
Free Sun 14th April at the moment, s**t with tools but I'm good at doing what I'm told.

Graham is indeed a good spanner-catcher ;) If I can make it, I'll be bringing help in the form of Oblark :D

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:48
thinking about it if.......no when i get mine sorted its gonna need a clutch so we might aswell do a group sitting of gearbox removing and refitting!! good idea i reckon lmao

merc85
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:51
thinking about it if.......no when i get mine sorted its gonna need a clutch so we might aswell do a group sitting of gearbox removing and refitting!! good idea i reckon lmao

why not, i do these things just for fun lmfao

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 22:52
why not, i do these things just for fun lmfao

i bet you could do it in your sleep now mate ;)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 19th March 2013, 23:45
[QUOTE=merc85;586198]why not, i do these things just for fun lmfao[/QUOTE

U can convert mine to manual if u like i:hidesbehi

merc85
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 00:09
[QUOTE=merc85;586198]why not, i do these things just for fun lmfao[/QUOTE

U can convert mine to manual if u like i:hidesbehi

lmfao:nutkick:

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 00:19
Wht date are you thinking? I can pop over with the engine lift..

Kingsford G
Wednesday 20th March 2013, 08:25
[QUOTE=Kingsford G;586219]

lmfao:nutkick:

:rotfl: