PDA

View Full Version : V70 2.5T remap

Dan H
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:33
I'm getting a 2.5T AWD v70 within the next two weeks and was wondering if its worth getting a remap with the standard turbo or replacing the turbo with a T5 turbo? And then a remap?

Any help would be great!

T5frankie
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:34
replaCE THE WHOLE CAR WITH A T5 LOL THEN MAP THAT

Dan H
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:39
No no lol, already found the car I want, rather mod it abit lol

T5frankie
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:40
No no lol, already found the car I want, rather mod it abit lol

i know mate, but to what extent? to the power of a t5? why bother when a t5 is cheap and already has the power and a more reliable engine, then mod a t5 and then and only then will you have a quick road car

LiamT4
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:45
I'd go one of two ways -

go for a remap on the normal turbo, with maybe a catback, sports cat and induction mods and leave it there

or

if you do want more, then get a t5, it will be easier in the long run.

Dan H
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:47
I don't want rediculous power otherwise I would of bought something else, just want it abit faster over standard form, I'm gunna make it breather better with new intercooler/pipes and exhaust and air filter, I've just heard of being able to put a t5 turbo on to give it more boost but then other people are saying that the normal 15g turbo gives abit more boost once mapped

p fandango
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:50
shove a 15g (T-5 turbo) onto it & get the map to match, you'll be down on power compared to a T-5 because of the extra weight/drag of the AWD but should keep you happy

Wobbly Dave
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:50
Waste of time TBH. No point remapping or upgrading a LPT to make it run stock T5 power.

T5frankie
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:51
I don't want rediculous power otherwise I would of bought something else, just want it abit faster over standard form, I'm gunna make it breather better with new intercooler/pipes and exhaust and air filter, I've just heard of being able to put a t5 turbo on to give it more boost but then other people are saying that the normal 15g turbo gives abit more boost once mapped

your car hasnt got a 15g its a 13g???

T5frankie
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:52
shove a 15g (T-5 turbo) onto it & get the map to match, you'll be down on power compared to a T-5 because of the extra weight/drag of the AWD but should keep you happy

and it would still be slow lol

p fandango
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:54
and it would still be slow lol
but faster than it currently is, which is what he wants

T5frankie
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:56
but faster than it currently is, which is what he wants

coming from a corsa i suppose it feels like a rocket ship

Dangerous Dave
Friday 15th March 2013, 22:56
If you're looking for a bit more poke then the 2.5 is fine, the standard turbo (the 13G) will be fine if upped to 12-14psi. Like I said before the standard map is really conservative with the boost and power. Plus the smaller turbo has faster spool up which is nice for low down power.

Dan H
Friday 15th March 2013, 23:01
Yeah I thought I had typed the wrong name of the turbo (I'm used to Vauxhall engines/parts so new to the volvo scene)

I'm not wanting it to run t5 power, I'm just wanting it to be faster over standard form and boost a little bit better than what it boots standard.

The volvo will purely be used to ferry the family and dog around when I'm not working, once the wife starts driving I'll probably get rid of the 2.5T and buy a t5r or something, but untill then I just want something that's got a little extra power.

smithy
Friday 15th March 2013, 23:02
Remap the lpt it will make a world of difference mate and because of the small turbo the torque is really low down so it will help getting the awd to go.i had a 2.5lpt fwd and had that remapped and that car was quick

vaderboyo
Friday 15th March 2013, 23:02
I had until very recently an AWD with the low pressure turbo - was going to re map it and stuff, then worked out that just bying a T5 (or an R in my case) was more cost effective and had better options re further tunning.

If you havent yet bought one, and if AWD isnt essential, try a T5 (or the R AWD) and make the comparison - over 6,000 revs the low pressure turbo isnt a match for the T5

Have to say though, if you find one thats works 100%- the AWD system is very good.....

Dangerous Dave
Friday 15th March 2013, 23:09
I'd keep it mate, they're great in the winter. I have a T5 and I miss the grip of my AWD.

Dan H
Friday 15th March 2013, 23:10
The car that I'm buying is spotless! Had a lot of work done over the past year, the AWD system works fine, it ticked all of the boxes for what I want and need, the AWD system will come in useful at some point as where I live gets really bad with snow etc. And for the price of the car and the work it has had done is a real bargin! Been looked after.

Like I said in the future I may buy a t5 (r) but for the time being I want a car that works and isn't rediculous power but isn't shy on powe when it's needed either.

Dan H
Friday 15th March 2013, 23:12
coming from a corsa i suppose it feels like a rocket ship

I've driven fast and better cars than a corsa and volvo ;)! Corsa gets used as a work horse! Easy to maintain and run, can fix them with a screwdriver and the simplest of socket sets

T5frankie
Saturday 16th March 2013, 00:19
I've driven fast and better cars than a corsa and volvo ;)! Corsa gets used as a work horse! Easy to maintain and run, can fix them with a screwdriver and the simplest of socket sets

i'd rather walk lol

p fandango
Saturday 16th March 2013, 05:34
i'd rather walk lol
Yet u own a Sierra lol