PDA

View Full Version : Car has now thrown P1132

Leeds_finest
Thursday 14th March 2013, 13:14
So first it was P1133 and now P1132. Both lambda one faults.

Cost of new lambda is £95..... So ill be investigating potential vacuum leaks before I buy one of those haha!

Anyone else had a vacuum leak on inlet?

Ed

stribo
Thursday 14th March 2013, 13:22
You can buy cheaper 'universal' one, you'll just need to splice your existing plug onto it, as they don't come with one.

danny-R
Thursday 14th March 2013, 13:24
That's the same code as mine, pre-cat lambda been quoted £80 through my mot place

jdavis
Thursday 14th March 2013, 18:19
it will be the lambda mate

stribo
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:00
This is a bit cheaper than you've been quoted:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-LAMBDA-SENSOR-OXYGEN-SENSOR-4-WIRE-HIGH-QUALITY-/250984739999?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6fdb349f

danny-R
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:06
This is a bit cheaper than you've been quoted:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-LAMBDA-SENSOR-OXYGEN-SENSOR-4-WIRE-HIGH-QUALITY-/250984739999?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6fdb349f

Do you really think that would work? Don't p2's have 5 wires?

stribo
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:21
Do you really think that would work? Don't p2's have 5 wires?

I thought most cars had 4 wires, we'll have to wait for someone in the know to answer that. ;)

Leeds_finest
Thursday 14th March 2013, 19:22
it will be the lambda mate

I've been told that some people have changed their lambdas but the code just comes back, ill have to check vac leaks first I guess :(

graemewelch
Thursday 14th March 2013, 20:26
are those codes with cat or decat

danny-R
Thursday 14th March 2013, 20:29
Must be with cat, Mine is anyway.

silverhorse
Friday 15th March 2013, 04:34
if I was you, I would bite the bullet and and get OE spec sensor. Universals are cheaper, but the possible aggro................ I have been having this debate about the new MAF I suspect I need and am going to get a proper Bosch. At least then I know it is done and dusted. Splicing wires on a P2????? :scared:

graemewelch
Friday 15th March 2013, 12:41
get a pierburg sensor from europarts. are cheaper than bosch. youll need part number off yr maf

stevmo
Friday 15th March 2013, 12:55
I'll use that as well GW - I need to do my maf as thats what I;ve been advised caused my wiggle on the power graph on the dyno

jotter22
Friday 15th March 2013, 13:04
get a pierburg sensor from europarts. are cheaper than bosch. youll need part number off yr maf

Have you been running this part for long Graeme only i have a feeling i may need 1 soon?
But i will hopefully find out for sure on the 27th when i am at HLM.

Leeds_finest
Friday 15th March 2013, 15:51
Some people say lambda, some day MAF and some say vacuum leak.

All I know is I don't fancy spending pointless money so may start with checking for leaks but where do you draw the line? Going as far as inlet gaskets and injector seals will cost ££££

jotter22
Friday 15th March 2013, 15:57
Well i just hope mine is ok but i am assuming they can tell me for sure when they put it on the diagnostic machine i am taking some extra cash just in case of unknown issues.

Tony.

Leeds_finest
Saturday 30th March 2013, 13:59
Little update... The car mainly seems to show this fault when freezing cold or having being parked for half an hour etc.

Problem now seems a little worse and the car literally has no power when part or full throttle applied. Stutters almost like a misfire but not showing any EML or codes.

Biff
Saturday 30th March 2013, 14:08
if I was you, I would bite the bullet and and get OE spec sensor. Universals are cheaper, but the possible aggro................ I have been having this debate about the new MAF I suspect I need and am going to get a proper Bosch. At least then I know it is done and dusted. Splicing wires on a P2????? :scared:

I had the same trouble, my 98r wasn't throwing up any fault codes to do with the maf but I replaced the budget fuel parts maf with a Bosch unit brand new. My over fueling & slow revs were sorted after I re-connected the battery. In future I'd spend the dough on genuine parts on sensors.
Dave

Leeds_finest
Saturday 30th March 2013, 14:34
My only reservation is throwing money I haven't got at the car and these parts can be costly :(

I'm not sure whether its MAF or LAMBDA or something simple and inexpensive :(

Biff
Saturday 30th March 2013, 14:56
When I had my car diagnosed the guy had a window he could open on the software, you could see the sensors working & we determined the lambda was fine. I'm not sure of the software he uses but it was very useful. I've had a lambda sensor blow up in my old cavalier Sri that was again a cheap fuel parts item. People say they are the same components but in my experience they're not. My vauxhall ecotec had countless sensor failures but when I replaced them with the genuine Siemens & Bosch parts the car was very reliable.
I'm not saying its gospel across manufacturers but in my experience of cars its been true, if you use your car to its full potential it pays to give it oe equipment to get the optimum.
I worked in toyota's engine plant, when we had a supplier change on a part the quality was noticeable. The same can be said for aftermarket parts.

Leeds_finest
Saturday 30th March 2013, 15:59
I haven't got a problem with buying genuine parts as you say they seem to come up top where sensors are concerned.

However, don't want to replace anything unnecessarily that's all.