PDA

View Full Version : Light tint

v70tom
Wednesday 13th March 2013, 17:36
Tinted my rear lights yesterday on the v70.
Wasn't sure about it at first but now after is done I am quiet pleased with it.
As the car is black the dark rear lights look a lot bet as bright red sticking out.
And while I was on it I managed to get around put the hid's in I ordered a while ago
For the the front.
Not beam lights at the moment.
Just try to see how they be at nights.
If I am happy with it I go for the beams as hid as well.
If not, 100 watt going in here.
Seen the conversion adapter for 100watt bulbs to resist the heat, so maybe a
Option for good lit.

On top the fogs have 100watt too now.
So, if this is not enough light for the old girl I add some 500watt rooftop lights on it.

Well, I just thought I do all that while I did a service and changed oil, sparks, Airfilter etc, so I only
Made my hands only 20733once grease this mon. Lol

iancho
Wednesday 13th March 2013, 17:50
Looks like you have done a good job Tom... I like it mate, well done! :B_thumb:

V70 Graham
Wednesday 13th March 2013, 17:57
Looking good Tom, let us know what you think of the HID's

HowHard
Wednesday 13th March 2013, 18:08
very nice, good job. What did you use to tint them?
I've got HID's in my v70 and personally I'm very happy with them, only down side is the full beam as they take a little while to 'warm up'. If possible I would go with HIDs for normal and 100w for full beam :anmflower

T5frankie
Wednesday 13th March 2013, 18:35
very nice, good job. What did you use to tint them?
I've got HID's in my v70 and personally I'm very happy with them, only down side is the full beam as they take a little while to 'warm up'. If possible I would go with HIDs for normal and 100w for full beam :anmflower

they take about 3 seconds to warm up lol,

good job mate i'll be doing mine soon

v70tom
Wednesday 13th March 2013, 18:39
Thanks guys.
I used the tint spray. E tech
Was just a 300mil can, but enough to go for this darkness.
Did not want it darker.
It is dark enough to much the car but the light is still good visible even in the sunshine today.

And to the hid, yes I give my report to it.

I will see how happy I am with it then I decide what I do with the beams.
Always two options - hid or - 100 w

I have projector spotlights on as we'll so they improve the full beam already, but
The roads I going at 4 am could do with more light. Lol

v70tom
Thursday 14th March 2013, 18:36
Ok, tried the hid this morning.
Very impressed with it.
Actually put last night h7 100w in the full beams.
They are like candles compare the hid.
Just ordered another set for the full beam .

Means I have as standard headlights hid 35 w 6000k super white
And for the full beam I will have 35w 6000k super white with fastbuilding ballast kit.
Whatever fast building ballast means, but I suspect is for warming faster up to have full lightning.

I paid for the components to convert the standard beams around 18 quit for the set and the full beam set
Cost 1 pound more. Not bad considering the price for a original volvo v70 conversion kit.

And it was easy to fit. Ok the holes in the back off the light overs but for the improvement I can live with that.
Very happy.
So, no 500watt lights on the rooftop necessary. Ha ha.

HowHard
Thursday 14th March 2013, 20:49
glad to hear m8y :)

v70tom
Tuesday 26th March 2013, 08:12
Right.
My second hid set arrived yesterday. Fitted and tested.

I have now hid 6000k 35 w as normal driving lights - very happy with the output they give.
Makes a huge different to the standard h7 on the phase 1 v70.
Also since yesterday I have another set 6000k 35 w hid lights - and also very happy about.
These ballast have a wire attached to the fuse box where the normal driving lights running on, to give them a faster switch on time.
Well, they still need to heat up. Time is 3 seconds from dull to full.
As said before , its not a good idea for flashing , but, as I have 100w projector spotlights, it makes not much a different in flashing oncoming traffic. The spotlights do the job.
The big plus is - the full light gives such a great light you think you stay in a football stadium .

The best light I can get for country lanes, and even in lit up areas you note the different.
This fast ballast makes no different so far to normal ballast kit. Just 1.50 more to pay.

As soon I get around I upload some pictures. Or may even a video about it.

The downturn, I guess, leaving the beam lights on by oncoming traffic it may blinds them,
But the leveller is not on full anyway and the rear springs are stiffened and raised by 2 cm,so I guess it's not too bad for others as I never had anyone flashing at me since I had my first set hid installed.

But, very recommendable for improving the phase1 h7 lights.