PDA

View Full Version : Smoking exhaust. Help please

T5pike
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 12:25
I Bought a T5 se estate three weeks ago and have a problem.If i startup car and leave idleing after five to ten mins i get very rich blue smoke smoke witch i no is oil comeing out of exhaust if i rev car up this will clear and not return untill i drive car hard and will only smoke wen changing gear sometimes a very small amount will exit exhaust on its way up revrange untill gearchange wen i get the puff.Is this a turbo problem or wurce.I have done a compresion check and all seem well.Can sombody please help. Also i hope this get to sombody as its the first time ive ever sent an email.

chriskay
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 14:57
Turbo oil seals?

Andrew
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 15:18
First welcome to the site. Secondly what Chris suggests is certainly possible. Where are you located ? may be we have a local member who can give you a second opinion. If not we can certainly recommend places in your area to get the problem checked out.

T5pike
Thursday 13th October 2005, 21:47
Hello m8 just 2 let u no i checked boost 2day and could'nt get a reading but took the opportunity of wobbleing the shaft in the turbo 2 find it woz like chuking a sausage up an alleyway!! Looks like i have 2 get the wallett out. :bricks: