PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent stalling problem on the 850

T5frankie
Saturday 9th March 2013, 16:26
Ok i have this problem on the 850 whereas i can be driving it normally and it will start running a little rough and then stall, its an auto so it's a pain, it will always start straight back up, i have changed the fuel pressure relay, idle control valve and the maf and still have the same problem, the cel light is on though constantly.

there is a lot of smoke coming from the dipstick so the pcv needs doing but would this cause it to run rough, die start again and is ok?

any ideas please?

Kingsford G
Saturday 9th March 2013, 16:52
There is some switch on autos mentioned before that can play,also try the coil and king lead replacement.

T5frankie
Saturday 9th March 2013, 16:54
pnp switch aint ir? that wouldnt cause it to run rough and conk out though, im thinking lambda and/or pcv

stribo
Saturday 9th March 2013, 17:26
I doubt the PCV would cause it mate, lambda might though.

claymore
Saturday 9th March 2013, 17:30
what happens if you unplug the ICV

theflyingbrick
Saturday 9th March 2013, 17:37
pnp switch causes all sorts of agro,i think t5steve had the same problem and it turned out to be the pnp switch

T5frankie
Saturday 9th March 2013, 18:17
what happens if you unplug the ICV

it runs at a lower rpm,but still runs
if i unplug the maf it just conks out completley

Jamest5r
Saturday 9th March 2013, 20:47
Its the maf mate :)

The Flying Moose
Saturday 9th March 2013, 22:06
Im afraid it sounds like the scrap yard is the only option...!

It does sound like MAF though, plenty of donor cars so get swapping bits one by one till its perfect.

JamesT5
Saturday 9th March 2013, 22:07
Not an ETM problem like on the V70 is it?

T5frankie
Saturday 9th March 2013, 22:19
it aint the maf as said above ive put another on it

MoleT-5R
Saturday 9th March 2013, 23:10
Had similar problem a few years back, boiled down to maf and cam sensor fault, changed both and the car was a totally different vehicle, wish I hadn't left it so long to sort out properly

P.s with an 850 of age worth checking the main relay wiring condition ( on the back of the radiator) don't want to be stuck somewhere and she won't fire up, my car was of the road a long time due to this and it only took 10 mins to fix, once I finally worked out what was wrong

t5steve
Sunday 10th March 2013, 01:26
mine did the same...........would not idle at all in the end...............would cut out when slowing down ...............it turned out to be the gearbox speed sensor..........took me 8 months and about £400 to find out ..............i too changed everything possible (except sensor) and had many people try to fix it.......hope this helps

smithson007
Sunday 10th March 2013, 13:53
Have you checked all boost hoses mate? My s70 was doing just the same as this, thought it was the MAF at first but it turned out i had a tiny split in the hose right next to the TB was underneath and took me a while to find it.
Mine would run fine then would just cut out when driving along, always started up again but would run really rough sometimes.