PDA

View Full Version : Jewel Lights and Egg box grills!!

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 08:57
Hi all, was looking at these lights before i decided i was selling the Volvo but for all the 850 owners out there these come in at a pretty good price...all in for the lights, indicators and egg box grill ( looks smart on the 850
( IMO !! ) ) including shipping it was 600 Euros, the lights are easily adjusted for RHD as teh glass is clear and reflectors are only needed to be moved...

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 08:58
Pic of grille....

Andrew
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 08:59
Looks smart on the V70 too - just orded the set from nordic. They do a healthy VOC discount.

t5owner
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 09:52
Looks smart on the V70 too - just orded the set from nordic. They do a healthy VOC discount.

What was the total andrew as i fancy some for my S70 and i`m also a member of the voc

Cheers

Andrew
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 09:54
around ~480 including side indicators, gril, main lights, vat and delivery.

It was much higher but VOC discount got about £80-90 off.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 09:55

Do you know if they do 850 deals..

Andrew
If there is enough people - say 10 we (not me now obviously) could probably go and see if you can also get a group discount.

Andrew.

t5owner
around ~480 including side indicators, gril, main lights, vat and delivery.

It was much higher but VOC discount got about £80-90 off.

Thanks andrew

Cheers

Redbrick
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 10:00
the lights are easily adjusted for RHD as teh glass is clear and reflectors are only needed to be moved...

Yes they are nice.

When I mailed them about them being for LHD 850's they said they were not suitable for RHD spec cars.

How would the reflectors be moved? Do you mean remounting them or adjusting their aim with the adjustment screws? Is their enough adjustment in the adjusters to convert them? I assume you would loose the horizontal beam pattern cut off. Maybe that would be a problem with those of us with HID's.If the beam pattern is wrong it would fail the MOT.

What do you think?

Grill is interesting as well!

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 11:48
Redbrick....I put those same Q's to the guy at european tuning and he is confident that because the glass is clear the reflectors have plenty scope to be moved to suit our RHD. NOt being an expert on beam patterns i started to wonder about the light that is emitted through clear class.....obviously just now the satndard glass has distinct patterns to disperse light but putting a bulb behind a clear glass is surely not dispersing anything so will shine straight out so by a simple movement of the reflector to shy the light away from oncoming traffic should be enough so could he be right...the grill is definately a worthwhile option!!

dicky b t5
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 17:52
BananaMan , Do you know if you can buy just the Eggbox Grill.....
If so How much are we looking at...! :)

Andrew
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 17:54
BananaMan , Do you know if you can buy just the Eggbox Grill.....
If so How much are we looking at...! :)

Nordic do the grill (in the UK) for 124.50 or if you have VOC membership then 105.83.

Hope this helps.

Andrew.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 18:07
Nordic do the grill (in the UK) for 124.50 or if you have VOC membership then 105.83.

Hope this helps.

Andrew.

VOC a bit on the dear side...this guy is doing them for 100 Euros!!! ( shipping to UK wont be that dear either

dicky b t5
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 18:11
Cheers Boys.... :)

Andrew
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 18:12
VOC a bit on the dear side...this guy is doing them for 100 Euros!!! ( shipping to UK wont be that dear either

Shame I didn't know before I ordered mine. Oh well prob 30 quid in it.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 18:18
Shame I didn't know before I ordered mine. Oh well prob 30 quid in it.

To be fair Andrew, all parts for the V/S70 seem to be dearer..the jewel lights for your car are 169 euros dearer than the 850 and the grill with chrome surround is 200 euros!!!

andy l
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 18:21
flying b you are selling it then

Andrew
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 18:22
My 850 would look the biz with Jewel lights and the new grill...

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 18:25
flying b you are selling it then

It goes in next week to get its Pegs done Dark Antharcite!!! I just cant take to teh Hi Chrome / silver look..once it comes back it looks likeit could be off....

andy l
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 18:33
i like the wheels looks smart.some nice silver R wheels on ebay.if your selling it dont spend on more cash on her sell as she is. you know she will sell.....o ye did you have a think