PDA

View Full Version : Changing the front indicator bulbs

Simon
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 18:21
I have some Philips Silver Vision indicator bulbs to fit to my front indicators to get rid of the 'fried egg' look. Had a quick look earlier, but it started to get dark. How do you get the current bulbs out? Seems like you need tiny hands or is there some other way?

Have also already fitted Osram Silver Star H7's for the dipped beam. I recommend them to anyone who has the standard light set up. They project so much more light on to the road.

siamblue
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 18:29
You have to take the lenses out, press the clip down firmly and the pull out be carefull not to break the tabs otherwise its a new lense.

Simon
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 16:03
Thanks.

siamblue
Wednesday 12th October 2005, 16:12
I forgot to say the tab is on top of the headlight next to the rain drain on the wing, its only a little plastic tab so if you look carefully you will see it.

Vikingxl
Thursday 13th October 2005, 01:22
Be careful with the lenses the tab snaps off easily and you could end up loosing an indicator while driving then it spins round on the cable and takes all your paint off.Trust me i know

Andrew
Thursday 13th October 2005, 07:19
Be careful with the lenses the tab snaps off easily and you could end up loosing an indicator while driving then it spins round on the cable and takes all your paint off.Trust me i know

There speaks a man from personal experience :frown: :brokenhea

Andy
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 20:10
Gary,

Simon has an S60 though so it will be different.

As i haven't changed my indicators in the S60 yet i can't help unfortunatly.

Just thought i'd let Simon know before he starts skinning his knuckles and cursing the car lol!

jim.covers
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 23:29
S60.... fiddly.... small hand job...... :pants:

I've been lookin at those, let us know what they r like please when fitted.

siamblue
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 00:27
Gary,

Simon has an S60 though so it will be different.

As i haven't changed my indicators in the S60 yet i can't help unfortunatly.

Just thought i'd let Simon know before he starts skinning his knuckles and cursing the car lol!

Oh dear sorry for the mislead, On my new lamps i have to take the headlamp out by the look of it to replace the indie bulb :slap:

Simon
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 10:38
Call me lazy, but I took the car in to get the Poly bushes done and got them to change the indicator bulbs at the same time!