PDA

View Full Version : Today i have been mostly doing......

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 13:38
Taking my car apart ..........

I have drained cooling stystem ready to fit new hoses, Have removed all turbos pipes, Fule rail, inlet manifold, Removed the whole PCV system, cleaned the idle control valve and other bits. Now to Order the rest of the PCV kit, and new inlet gasket and wait for my RIP kit to Arrive from sweden and put it all back together hopefully......................................... .................

I bought myself a 170 piece socket set yesterday , so though i better try it out!!! I had my lambada light come on and off a few times recently , and after stripping everything i was amazed at how clogged up things were... Carb cleaner is awesome for getting rid of it. Also my PCV breather pipe were snapped in 2 places and some of the Evap pipes are badly degrading. Im hoping with all this new cleaner kit going back in it should run like a dream.

What have you been doing today

M-R-P
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 13:48
Drinking...

V70 Graham
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 13:59
Shopping, tidying up the garden and wiping down the outside of the windows (house) :frown:

Jamest5r
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 13:59
Two aircraft engines from rugby to Manchester airport where I'm sitting now waiting for the lazy bastwards to tip me.

smithson007
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 14:10
Breaking things mainly my steering rack :(

timbo
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 14:10
Changed fuel filter, gonna give her a bath now, shes dirty, might wash the car as well?

timbo
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 14:14

cut open the old fuel filter(coz im wierd like that:insane:) just thought id post the pic up, pretty cruded up, this one is about two years old.

danny-R
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 14:19
Nothing

JamesT5
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 15:20
Did a quick detail on the outside of the car, a little shopping read for getting back to work tomorrow after my days off and that's about it. Exciting, eh! :D

Nealevo
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 15:26
Stripping my wiring loom out of engine bay, removing inlet manifold, changed the front disk/pacs and washed the mini, just to keep her happy

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 15:31
I used a quide someone sent me to remove the intel manifold..... The guy who did the guide suggested it would be a pain and take ages to come off. With some racket spanners and extentions sockets it was out in Mins.Wiring loom is something i think i will NEVER touch..... I havent had a good past with electrics....!!!!

Stripping my wiring loom out of engine bay, removing inlet manifold, changed the front disk/pacs and washed the mini, just to keep her happy

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 15:32
Thats interesting to see how the filter works though.... No i know whats inside the little canister. How often do you change your fuel filter??

cut open the old fuel filter(coz im wierd like that:insane:) just thought id post the pic up, pretty cruded up, this one is about two years old.

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 15:36
Is that onlin shopping.... I did ebay stalk you Graham..... feedback of over 4000.............!!!!! You have bough ALOT on ebay lol.

p.s when you purchased your RIP kit did you have to wait for the swedish seller to Claim you paypal payment.........??? I did buyitnow, paid , but it says he hasnt accepted/claimed the payment yet. I guess its encase hes sells the stock from his website directly, then he hasnt got 3buyers for only 2 items.....

Shopping, tidying up the garden and wiping down the outside of the windows (house) :frown:

kfc
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 15:43
I,ve spent the day with my birds.....all 20,000 of em. i actually have 20,003 birds in my life and none of them ruddy listen to me!!!! Meh!

timbo
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 15:53
Haynes book of lies says every three years, yeh i was dying to cut the thing open to see how it works and its basicaly a bit roll of filter paper.

p fandango
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 15:57
finally got the drivers rear hub off, now its To Gear & Fosters :)

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8433/img0461kh.jpg

T5frankie
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 17:02
make sure you paint the manifold whilst its off mate :smile:
Today i fitted a set of blue samco hoses to the missus' car

V70 Graham
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 17:28
Is that onlin shopping.... I did ebay stalk you Graham..... feedback of over 4000.............!!!!! You have bough ALOT on ebay lol.

p.s when you purchased your RIP kit did you have to wait for the swedish seller to Claim you paypal payment.........??? I did buyitnow, paid , but it says he hasnt accepted/claimed the payment yet. I guess its encase hes sells the stock from his website directly, then he hasnt got 3buyers for only 2 items.....

Was real life walking to the shops shopping lol, not been eBay stalked before, used to sell a few bits ages ago.

To answer your question, I had to wait till he accepted my payment too, I paid for mine on a Sunday, he accepted payment on the Monday and I received it Thursday !

T5frankie
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 17:33
Was real life walking to the shops shopping lol, not been eBay stalked before, used to sell a few bits ages ago.

To answer your question, I had to wait till he accepted my payment too, I paid for mine on a Sunday, he accepted payment on the Monday and I received it Thursday !

perhaps he does that to ensure he has the stock in

V70 Graham
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 17:40
perhaps he does that to ensure he has the stock in

Could be, he's ok to deal with though, answered my questions straight away, and like I have already said item arrived in 3 days.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 19:22
Repairing floorboards... first bit of DIY in about 6months.. now to walk the dog

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 22:48
Today I drove from this

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/Scotland/15215051-93a3-4c6f-be6f-f3f4360678e9.jpg

back to the the West Midlands :(

theflyingbrick
Saturday 2nd March 2013, 23:24
today i went to the in laws :( but upset a convoy of scoobys on the way home :).................all 3 of them ;)