PDA

View Full Version : Pcv

sartain87
Friday 1st March 2013, 15:35
So, Frankie is kindly sorting my PCV system for me.

A couple of questions so im clear please, would a clogged PCV system cause oil consumption?

I also have "milky gunk" in the oil dipstick, i was understood it is because of moisture. Would this be the O ring on the dipstick or the PCV?

I only noticed it after an oil and filter change.

Thanks guys.

T5frankie
Friday 1st March 2013, 15:41
So, Frankie is kindly sorting my PCV system for me.

A couple of questions so im clear please, would a clogged PCV system cause oil consumption?

I also have "milky gunk" in the oil dipstick, i was understood it is because of moisture. Would this be the O ring on the dipstick or the PCV?

I only noticed it after an oil and filter change.

Thanks guys.
thats normal in a t5 mate, its just condesation (water) on cold mornings that mixes with the oil and it goes creamy, just check your filler cap and if all black al good

sartain87
Friday 1st March 2013, 15:42
Yeah its all black mate, it worried me at first haha

Gonna change the o ring on the dipstick anyway, give it a try.

Would the PCV cause excess oil consumption? Car doesn't smoke.

T5frankie
Friday 1st March 2013, 15:44
yeah if its puffing it out the dipstick, how much oil you using? cos they do use oil these cars, some more than others

sartain87
Friday 1st March 2013, 15:46
Probably a quarter of a litre every 500miles, more compared to other cars i've had. The PCV's getting changed either way so ill keep an eye on it after.

I would have just text you but after yesterday didnt wanna keep hassling you haha Plus im supposed to be "working and not using the phone" ;)

T5frankie
Friday 1st March 2013, 15:53
Probably a quarter of a litre every 500miles, more compared to other cars i've had. The PCV's getting changed either way so ill keep an eye on it after.

I would have just text you but after yesterday didnt wanna keep hassling you haha Plus im supposed to be "working and not using the phone" ;)

i would say that fine mate it is on 178000 miles after all

sartain87
Friday 1st March 2013, 15:55
Good, just other worry. Be all happy when its boosting and running right haha