PDA

View Full Version : Main bearing part numbers

EddyP
Tuesday 26th February 2013, 21:04
Evening Gents,

I'm wondering if anyone here understands what's going on with the main bearing part numbers, because even FRF can't work it out.

I need to order a yellow main bearing.
I know the part number used to be 30731544, but for some reason Volvo have changed the number on Vadis, to say that you must order 8687952 AND 8687962, now I presume that's because they've put a part number on the top part and a separate number on the bottom part? BUT, on a couple of bearings I only want a yellow top as I need a blue bottom, so how do I know which is which?
What confuses things even more is the Blue bearings only have two part numbers, one for with flange, one without. If they were going to start separating the tops and bottoms wouldn't they do all the sizes rather than just the yellows?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

EddyP
Wednesday 27th February 2013, 17:27
I've finally managed to sort this, TMS Volvo main dealers in Coventry have been great, worked out what part numbers were what straight away, and then matched FRF prices, and could get them faster!!!

Really impressed with them, so if anyone around Coventry needs parts, so see them :)

For future reference if anyone else needs it, the yellow bearings are now sold as a separate upper and lower bearing.

t5 pete
Wednesday 27th February 2013, 18:23
Really glad you sorted this im looking forward to ordering a full set my self soon

EddyP
Wednesday 27th February 2013, 18:39
When you get round to it, if you get stuck with part numbers let me know, I think i've worked it all out now. Tomorrow will tell for sure when they arrive :lol:

p fandango
Wednesday 27th February 2013, 18:56
TMS is my local, & must admit i've asked for some weird & wonderful parts but they've always sorted out what i need. They normally give a discount if you mention your a member on here