PDA

View Full Version : New Car - Base Mods

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 10:52
Well I bought my Saffron V70R (name to be decided) last week.

I've had Wobbly Dave fix the ABS unit and we put the strut brace on the essex meet.

I've bought Iridium plugs, new thermostat, Zimmerman 302 front discs, brmbo rear discs, DS Performance front pads, DS Premiem rear pads and goodridge break lines from VT and they will be installed this week.

I've taken the cone filter out and am thinking about taking the dump valve out - to be on ebay soon :P

I've reinstalled the original airbox and put a K&N performance filter in. I'll be doing a stage 0 tonight along and upgrading the ignition coil and installing the magnicor leads over the next few days.

Finally on the weekend I will be installing my new 2004 clear front lights and eggbox grill (yaaaay)...

After that this will leave:
- RICA: although just doing a standard rolling road at VT first.
- removing the extra lights, and having it filled and resprayed.
- find someone with a cd cover for the load area.

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 17:13
I found the original receipt for the cone filter / dump valve and they are from Kalmar Union. £220 +vat (OUCH)....

Murphy
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 17:15
Ouch indeed - the price you pay o have a slower car nowadays ;)

pikeajm
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 17:21
how much you looking at for the dump valve and fitting kit out of interest

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 17:23
how much you looking at for the dump valve and fitting kit out of interest

I've no idea - I've still got to yank it off - drop me a PM and I'll give you a shout when it's available.

The cone filter I chucked away - £25 quid new this particular one now is.

The original box is working much nicer with a K&N filter.

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 18:39
are those anthracite Comets? I can't see the pic very well...

beaty of a car sir.

siamblue
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 18:54
Nice one Andrew totally transforming the looks, You will want to add HID's to that list too ;)

Justin
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:06
Where ya got the jewel lights from ?

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:07
HIDs can wait ... and yes their comets which I don't actually like... They will be changed at some point.

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:08
Where ya got the jewel lights from ?

Nordic - Lights, indicators and gril minus discount of VOC members just shy of £500

I saw Chris Whites at the meet and just fell in love with the front of his car and simply had to replicate it...

Will flog my old stuff on ebay - should bring in a £100 or so I would imagine.

Andrew.

Justin
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:13
Ouch :(

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:16
Ouch :(

Thankfully I budgetted 7500 for the new car. 6250 I got the car for. 500 with VT 500 with Nordic leaves a few hundred for fitting of brakes, ABS repair and few other bits.

All worked out.

Plus sale of spare titans (if I don't use them) sale of comets (when I get around to it) sale of lights, grill, dump valve and other bits will raise a bit more for a few other bits I want doing.

Justin
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 19:29
;) Cool

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 23:39
and yes their comets which I don't actually like... They will be changed at some point.

guys in the US practically kill for comets, I sold mine in favor of the anthracite pegs.

what you thinkin about gettin for wheels?

fraz13
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 23:41
My Comets will be for sale soon, already got 3 ppl queing for them but a personally dont like them.....

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 23:45
guys in the US practically kill for comets, I sold mine in favor of the anthracite pegs.

what you thinkin about gettin for wheels?

I like titans on my T5-R so am obviously attracted to pegs as they have a similar quality about them. Hard to come by here though.

fraz13
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 23:47
What tyre size are ye running on your Pegs Kevin?

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 23:48
What tyre size are ye running on your Pegs Kevin?

18s are the common standard for pegs aint they. ?

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 23:49
18s are the common standard for pegs aint they. ?
Ah tyre size - ignore me - it's late I should go to bed.

fraz13
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 23:55
lol night night hahaha

Its cool man a do it to but a usually delete the post so ppl dont laf at ma crazyness :P