PDA

View Full Version : Fitting new PCV and Cleaning Idle control valve ......

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 18:47
Ive ordered a New PCV breather pipe as i snapped one of the pipes inside a while back and ive noticed my dip stick sometimes pops open and slutters a little oil on the BOV and few pipes. Im looking at where is routes and it looks like it could be a simple job but time consuming!!! Lots of pipes etc out to get to it properly. Am i right in thinking all the pipes round the throttle body , top intercooler and idle control valve need to come out and then the inlet manafold too?? Then fit the new PCV breather pipe and refit the above back in reverse order.

While im doing this i will clean my idle control valve as is looks pretty dirty and quite abit of sutt around the top where the jubily clip holds the silicone pipe to it at the bottom. I have some new Carb cleaner.... do i justs spray that over and it when i take it apart, wipe and put back to gether???

Any help and advice will be great.... maybe tools needed, time it takes and any tips on avoiding hurdles

Thanks in advance

Dan

danny-R
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 19:20
http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28487 hth

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 19:44
to do the pcv you need to take the injectors out and the inlet manifold off

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 20:47
Are they quite simple.... i know inlet manifold will be straight forward providing the bolts are accessable. But ive never removed an injector rail or injectors before myself. So are they delicate or pretty robust etc. Also are gaskets fragile , anything to look out for?

danny-R
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 21:02
Took me about 3hours following that guide and I'm a noob with a spanner ;)

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 22:01
Ha , me too. If i have a good guide then i can do most things. Just depends on how good the guide it. But it looks pretty detailed and ive saved it to my laptop ready for the task.

Only thing im still in need of .... is some info on how's best and safe to clean my Idle control valve. Carb cleaner??
Took me about 3hours following that guide and I'm a noob with a spanner ;)

danny-R
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 23:07
I assume so but as I said, I'm a noob. Its so much easier to pay someone to do it for you

graemewelch
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 23:30
its a pain on the 2.4. the bottom left bolt on inlet is a b*tch

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 23:50
I have a ph1 2.3 Pre Me7 V70 R. Im hoping this will be eaiser than the pain in the §§§§ 2.4