PDA

View Full Version : Centre Console fitted and Stereo Wired in

woody
Friday 22nd February 2013, 17:40
Hi all,

I've been searching for the correct dark walnut dash for a while, after my auto-manual conversion. Finally found one and fitted it today.

I also treated myself to a new JVC Stereo. I fitted it a few weeks back but never got round to fitting the GPS sensor and telephone Mic. So finally got that done too. Cheers Claymore for your fitting advice. It was an easy fit. The hardest part was removing the moulded plastic rails that the old stereo ran on but a bit of hacking and filing and it slid straight in.

Rather than disturbing the dash to fit the GPS sensor and phone Mic, I decided to stick them to the stearing column cover.

Anyone want the light grey manual console before I get rid?

T5frankie
Friday 22nd February 2013, 17:44
looking good mate, i have just fitted my dvd player into my 850r, looks great

MIKESC70T5
Friday 22nd February 2013, 17:46
Those seats look like new, nice job on the stereo install. I would of thought to get the best gps signal, it would be better to put the aerial near the top of the windscreen though.

Harvey
Friday 22nd February 2013, 18:00
Last time I fitted a GPS reciver I put it on the dash just behind the tax disc,keeps those prying eyes away.

woody
Friday 22nd February 2013, 18:39
Those seats look like new, nice job on the stereo install. I would of thought to get the best gps signal, it would be better to put the aerial near the top of the windscreen though.
The seats are well over 200k old! The only thing I've ever done to them is shave them with one of the bobble removers!
The GPS sensor, well I couldn't really be bothered rooting it through the dash as by that point I lost reception to my feet! lol Where I've fitted it, it has a clear line of sight to the heavens, so it should be ok.

MIKESC70T5
Friday 22nd February 2013, 18:52
The seats are well over 200k old! The only thing I've ever done to them is shave them with one of the bobble removers!
The GPS sensor, well I couldn't really be bothered rooting it through the dash as by that point I lost reception to my feet! lol Where I've fitted it, it has a clear line of sight to the heavens, so it should be ok.

We've been out all day watching my son playing in a football friendly against Charlton Althletic and Coventry. Bloody freezing as out in the freezing cold from 11 to 3pm. My whole body is frozen not just my feet lol.

kfc
Friday 22nd February 2013, 19:29
I popped my reciver behind the led on the dash, out of sight and if yiu look at from inside looks like it bblongs. but as already said those seats look like the've never seen a bum?

Jamest5r
Friday 22nd February 2013, 19:51
Nice job on the console mate took me well over a year to find a walnut one lol, could you not get the gear stick to match??

Nealevo
Friday 22nd February 2013, 20:05
I missed out on one a few weeks ago, I was gutted it had walnut knob too :-( it does look good thou

woody
Friday 22nd February 2013, 20:28
Cheers guys. RT said this was the correct one for the R. The T5r has a walnut one I believe?

T5frankie
Friday 22nd February 2013, 20:31
Nice job on the console mate took me well over a year to find a walnut one lol, could you not get the gear stick to match??

they were only fitted to the t5-r

Jamest5r
Friday 22nd February 2013, 20:39
Everyday's a school day :)

Madbloke100
Monday 30th September 2013, 11:39
Looks good