PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else waiting for RICA?

the underlord
Monday 10th October 2005, 23:32
hey guys, a lowly Yank here.

I ordered RICA for my 98 V70 T5M (18T, Atech IC, 3" Downpipe, blue injectors, etc) about a month ago through vptuning.com and I'm STILL waiting!

they say they're busy... I just want to build my wagon.. :(

am I alone here?

hamish
Monday 10th October 2005, 23:52
Hi,

Can we help ?
We're the UK agents for RICA.

Regards,
Hamish.
Chip Tuning Ltd
Tel:0044 1527 577710
hamish@chiptuninguk.com
www.volvotuninguk.com

the underlord
Monday 10th October 2005, 23:56
go across the channel, and get them to finish my custom map so they can send it to George at VPtuning.com and I can build my car!

:)

got any maps for a US spec, (18T, 3" DP, no cat, blue injectors, Atech Intercooler, Walbro 255LPH fuel pump) layin around?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 10th October 2005, 23:57
ps I have put your nice pic in your sig like wot you said you couldnt

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:04
ps I have put your nice pic in your sig like wot you said you couldnt
dave! much oblliged, I tried and tried, must be my US html skillz..

hamish
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:04
Hi,
Get your car on a Dynojet Rolling Road, mail us the power and torque curves with AFR and I'm sure we can do it. Your going to need to send us your ECU. It's still going to be quicker !

Hamish.

fraz13
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:06
:B_offtopi

Is your pic photoshop or is your car actually that low???

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:09
Hi,
Get your car on a Dynojet Rolling Road, mail us the power and torque curves with AFR and I'm sure we can do it. Your going to need to send us your ECU. It's still going to be quicker !

Hamish.
I don't have any of these parts installed, I'm waiting for the RICA'ed computer..

rollin around town on the base Map and all that power = not a good idea.

ps - the sig pic is a photoshop (i have the 18" Pegs, and the Kw's are on order, so i'll be that low in a few weeks.)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:18
KW's - NOOOOOOO!!! terribly harsh ride/bad road handling. Great track day springs but aweful on the road but I may have only experienced one sort.

hamish
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:19
Send your ECU and we will start with a base map. We used to have a S70R with 18T and 3"DP etc. So the base map won't be too far out !

Regards,
Hamish.

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:20
KW's - NOOOOOOO!!! terribly harsh ride/bad road handling. Great track day springs but aweful on the road but I may have only experienced one sort.

KW's YEEEESSSS! I've tried every thing else.. nothing could ever possibly be worse than TME + Bilstein HD's on 40 series tires.

:P

BlackBeast
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:23
i have the 18" Pegs

They look amazing in anthracite on a blue v70, might have to rethink my alloy plans. :B_steerin

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:25
Send your ECU and we will start with a base map. We used to have a S70R with 18T and 3"DP etc. So the base map won't be too far out !

Regards,
Hamish.

thanks! I'll have George at VPT take a look at this thread, since he physically has my spare ECU.

a freind of mine from volvospeed who lives in holland (johann) is going to head over there tomorrow to see if he can help a brother out.

OT - check out this pic, of my car and GB plate.. yup, thats a T5.co.uk sticker on there!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/98S70R/DSCF0018.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:26
KW's YEEEESSSS! I've tried every thing else.. nothing could ever possibly be worse than TME + Bilstein HD's on 40 series tires.

:P
I hope that I am wrong. Eibachs and Monroes Reflex - are an excellent combo - I like the lowered but not slammed look.

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:28
They look amazing in anthracite on a blue v70, might have to rethink my alloy plans. :B_steerin

thanks man! my color code is 412 "tropic green metallic" . I had Comets on there for a while, and I tried silver pegs, but i decided to go with the anthracite pegs for a while...

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:30
I hope that I am wrong. Eibachs and Monroes Reflex - are an excellent combo - I like the lowered but not slammed look.

see, I hear that, I was thinkin about trying B&G's for fun, but I sold my S70, and had some $$, so i figured why not..

I rode around town in S70 with them, and it' was much nicer than my old setup.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:37
See I went in Redbrick's 855R with 18"pegs and KW shocks/springs and needed osteopathy after only a short ride. It reacts badly to small undulations and has a tendancy to wanna bounce all over the shop. I like Andy and his car but the suspenders are not good - (only in my opinion). But that is what I think. I hope it works for you though.

Andrew
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 00:40
Aye but remember Dave thats on British roads, the US roads are smooth and have no corners :P

btw - we don't wait for RICA here we go see Hamish / Adam at VolvotuningUK.com and they sort us out while we have a cup of tea :)

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 01:10
Aye but remember Dave thats on British roads, the US roads are smooth and have no corners :P

btw - we don't wait for RICA here we go see Hamish / Adam at VolvotuningUK.com and they sort us out while we have a cup of tea :)

well at any rate, Hamish has to go through RICA in Holland?

hamish, have you noticed any difficulties getting a hold of anyone there?

fraz13
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 09:51
Nice to see a www.volvot5.co.uk sticker on a car across the pond ;)

Why may I ask have you got a UK plate behind yours tho?

I mean I love American plates, when I had my old Firebird I had American style plates on it but why on a Volvo? The GB bit a kinda understand as Carson always says he wants the European look but the way the system works here a G plate on a V70 aint right. I'm just being picky lol

Murphy
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 10:05
Dave - KW coilovers are considered the billy ££££££££ over in the VAG pond !?!? Have you had a bad experience ? :gossip:

Redbrick
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 10:27
Dave - KW coilovers are considered the billy ££££££££ over in the VAG pond !?!? Have you had a bad experience ? :gossip:

Without wishing to hijack the thread...

When I had my car mapped at VT Dave and I went out 'on the road' to see what it was boosting to. Part of the private test track involved xxx mph and Dave was less than impressed with my set up. Yes it was horrible, harsh and bouncy at the same time.
Since then I have set it up correctly with the correct rebound settings on the shocks. It is way better now than back then.
Dave still has the first experience etched in his brain. Honest Dave its better now. :remybussi
Also remember I had Monroe reflexs and sold them on, they are not what everyone wants either.
Each to their own.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 10:29
Yes mate - see here http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=48810&postcount=17

I hope that I am wrong to be honest. I always seem to be saying no to things, but this is based on personal experience.

the underlord
Tuesday 11th October 2005, 16:23
Well, us USA guys just like what's popular over there, and you guys, vice versa.

I really want a Netherlands plate, but after talking to some guys on VS, I figured out that you can't really get them? So I figured that the GB plate would match the t5.co.uk sticker.

and Carson is one of my good freinds, so we bounce many many ideas off one another.

I guess I just like the way it makes the car stand out.

arbee
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 22:12
I love that colour! if we want to be picky on that plate you should know that the rears are yellow in the UK :) I love the way we imitate each other overseas! its flattering!

hamish
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 23:34
Hi,

"well at any rate, Hamish has to go through RICA in Holland?

hamish, have you noticed any difficulties getting a hold of anyone there?"

No & err No. !

Give me a call and well get it sorted.
Actually get your bits installed ,get it on a dyno, sent me an ecu and a power plot with AFR + details of proposed fuel and we'll get a map sorted straight away

Regards,
Hamish.