PDA

View Full Version : Chav Rear lights installed on the Ph1 V70 R. Frankie's Favourite.

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:31
Before and after as requested. I like them!!!

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:32
oh dear ive just sicked up in my mouth lol, i will say they light up nice in the dark though,

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:35
looks good i reckon ;)

sartain87
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:37
I prefer the standard ones, tinted would have been better with it being black ;)

t5 pete
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:37
Oooooooooooo me have some of tem as well as i know frank likes them
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/PICT0914.jpg
Tbh i carnt stand them but i like how they pi$$ every one off so there staying untill people start to like them then i will go back to standard

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:38
you need some black 19" pegs mate and your car will look the tits

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:39
Tbh i carnt stand them but i like how they pi$$ every one off so there staying untill people start to like them then i will go back to standard

your 850 has them on now? sad lol, yours would have looked better with the crystal versions imo

p fandango
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:39
i like the chav tops, but the white/silver on the lower parts stands out too much

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:54
Yes i do agree with you.......... It is a shame. But what makes up for it is the side profile of my car is now all black. No grey roof rack, mud gaurds with Black projectors and rears.

i like the chav tops, but the white/silver on the lower parts stands out too much

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:55
you need some black 19" pegs mate and your car will look the tits

Ummm, good thought!!!! Only thing is , im not sure if i can lower my car that easily .... and worried if i go to 19's it'll raise the car up??????

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 18:57
Ummm, good thought!!!! Only thing is , im not sure if i can lower my car that easily .... and worried if i go to 19's it'll raise the car up??????

but it wont look any higher cos you'll have massive wheels on

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:00
this has silver but you get the jist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFi3o3ivdb8

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/images/dto_garage/users/4189/1200.jpg

ooh a white one

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt6hoq4PBymUVVk_Ib-WR_YrFMJoh5Z6t0arPtaG22EU9Ih7Wc

http://www.volvere.fi/images/Kesa07/kesa07-22.jpg

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:02
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIgH0KqpgNY9KXE2_G2KlD-6kmtDAgjorR6tiP9vnG-m_eeMB4

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:05
but it wont look any higher cos you'll have massive wheels on

Is your saffy S70 lowered with those 19's Pegs ??

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:07
Is your saffy S70 lowered with those 19's Pegs ??

no mate, has to be standard suspension

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:10
Im going to ask my mate who does windows and wrapping if he could lightly tint the lower parts!!!

stribo
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:25
Iancho has the same lights on his Saffy I believe, and as I said to him, you need chrome indicator bulbs to get rid of the orange.

volvokid
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:34
I have 19" and the clearance is next to none, I don't really recommend it but its your car.

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:35
I have 19" and the clearance is next to none, I don't really recommend it but its your car.

they are fine with 215/35/19 tyres

stribo
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:37

As long as you don't drive on public roads, as there's no protection from the tyres, the wheels get beaten to a pulp.

volvokid
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:37
Iancho has the same lights on his Saffy I believe, and as I said to him, you need chrome indicator bulbs to get rid of the orange.

I did that on the P2 it makes a big difference

volvokid
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:38

I thought you had to remove your liners though?

volvokid
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:39

T5frankie
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:44

no mate, that was on my v70r when i first got them, they then had 235/35 tyres which are way to wide and they destroyed the liners, ok on my s70r with 215's on the front and 225's on the rear

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:49
I have a 3 single block connectors on each side left over from the light clusters..... And 1 Connector from the car left over...... Am i meant to some how connect theses??? Ive plugged and played all the connections i could but have these over on each side. And i dont have a few bulbs working. Can you remember if you had same issues when you fitted yours??

volvokid
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 19:57
no mate, that was on my v70r when i first got them, they then had 235/35 tyres which are way to wide and they destroyed the liners, ok on my s70r with 215's on the front and 225's on the rear

I need to check the size of mine

Jamest5r
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 20:00
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt6hoq4PBymUVVk_Ib-WR_YrFMJoh5Z6t0arPtaG22EU9Ih7Wc

I want my car sitting like that :)

Edit why the pic not shown??damn computers

Kingsford G
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 20:30
They look good on black car.

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 20:52

Should look excellent on our silver one, should tie in nicely

t5 pete
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 21:20
I have a 3 single block connectors on each side left over from the light clusters..... And 1 Connector from the car left over...... Am i meant to some how connect theses??? Ive plugged and played all the connections i could but have these over on each side. And i dont have a few bulbs working. Can you remember if you had same issues when you fitted yours??

I fitted myne around 5 yrs ago off the top of my head there is a few things that need changing as the brake lights move fromt he bottom to the top and the indicator move from the top to the bottom

AcidicDavey
Thursday 21st February 2013, 13:57
Personally, I hate these lights but fitting them on a black car isn't too bad! As said, it improves the side profile of the car.
The idea of tinting the coloured parts of these lights seems like a very good idea! If you don't like it you can always peel it off ;)

P.S. Keep the Comets, eeeveryone has pegs...

iancho
Friday 22nd February 2013, 05:59
So you got them at last lol

They look really good and even better at night...

Are you pleased with the look?

Rudeyboy18
Friday 22nd February 2013, 13:42
I do, but i have a sketchy o/s indicator..... it wont work and makes my front/side one flicker real fast.... Plus when i have side/dipped lights on.... everytime i push the brake pedal to engage brake lights i get a "BULB FAULT" Light come up on my dash!!!! Did you have any problems like this installling yours????

M-R-P
Friday 22nd February 2013, 13:45
Check your wiring mate, sounds like something's loose.
If it's because the LED's are causing the problem, I have some 50W load resistors in the car. I can have a look on Sunday if you like?

Rudeyboy18
Friday 22nd February 2013, 13:58
There arent any LED bulbs , its all standard bulbs etc. I will check them out in abit ! Bit annoying when you spend over £200 for some "plugandplay" lights yet they are causing a problem. I hate electrics!! Grrr

Check your wiring mate, sounds like something's loose.
If it's because the LED's are causing the problem, I have some 50W load resistors in the car. I can have a look on Sunday if you like?

iancho
Friday 22nd February 2013, 16:32
I do, but i have a sketchy o/s indicator..... it wont work and makes my front/side one flicker real fast.... Plus when i have side/dipped lights on.... everytime i push the brake pedal to engage brake lights i get a "BULB FAULT" Light come up on my dash!!!! Did you have any problems like this installling yours????

None at all but then again my garage fitted them for me even though i was there with him helping we had no problems. I cannot imagen that you did anything different than us... What a shame mate after i kept telling you to get them. I hope you can sort it out otherwise i will feel guilty lol

c70geoff
Friday 22nd February 2013, 16:45
i actually like these fella hope the fault is easy to sort

Rudeyboy18
Friday 22nd February 2013, 17:02
Dont feel guilty, if its a faulty unit im sure Partsforvolvos.com have a return poilcy........ I want to keep them just need to check if the lights that are faulty or my cars wiring. I will swap the light harnesses over and see if the problems moves to the other side.... if it does then its the unit and i will request a unit that works. I love them, jsut not so chuffed as MOT due in few weeks!!!

None at all but then again my garage fitted them for me even though i was there with him helping we had no problems. I cannot imagen that you did anything different than us... What a shame mate after i kept telling you to get them. I hope you can sort it out otherwise i will feel guilty lol

smithy
Friday 22nd February 2013, 18:11
I like these lights when I had the v70 I was going to fit them .

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 16:26
LIGHTS all sorted. Just need to turn a block connector the other way round.!!!! Pheww!!!

V70 Graham
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 16:39
LIGHTS all sorted. Just need to turn a block connector the other way round.!!!! Pheww!!!

Glad your all sorted, I saw these lights on Ian's car last week and tbh they look a lot better 'in the flesh' than in pictures.

Rudeyboy18
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 16:44
Glad your all sorted, I saw these lights on Ian's car last week and tbh they look a lot better 'in the flesh' than in pictures.

Yes i know, i immediately messaged Ian to ask him what her thought of them and he said that they were alot better in the flesh. I will be getting crome indicator bulbs and putting a light tint on the bottom parts so they dont stand out as much. But over all i really like them :-)

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 16:46
as long as they make you happy thats all that matters lol

t5 pete
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 16:48
as long as they make you happy thats all that matters lol

I like it how myne make every one else not happy pmsl

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd February 2013, 16:52
I like it how myne make every one else not happy pmsl

you love them really pete

p,s he word mine has no letter Y

iancho
Monday 25th February 2013, 06:54

Well done mate you had me worried there for a minute lol... Now enjoy em!

frazz
Sunday 3rd March 2013, 12:45
I like em!! have thought about a set for my black 'R' for some time,, maybe it's time to crack open the wallet??:wink:

Rudeyboy18
Sunday 3rd March 2013, 13:56
If you want me to send you some more detailed better quality photos of them im happy to do so.... Also some night shots. It should help with the opening of the wallet. Took me nearly a year to open mine as i just wasnt sure. But glad i did. The side profile is so much better , especially if you have the front Black projectors
I like em!! have thought about a set for my black 'R' for some time,, maybe it's time to crack open the wallet??:wink:

iancho
Monday 4th March 2013, 05:48

You keep working on that house mate and maybe the wife will let you get some :B_thumb:

jotter22
Monday 4th March 2013, 11:39
Before and after as requested. I like them!!!

I can see why frankie likes those they are a touch of class!:shockedbi