PDA

View Full Version : What turbo

stevmo
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 14:39
I'm just eyeing up what I plan to do to my 2003 S60 2.0T (180bhp) so I can gather prices and part numbers etc.

I know I will be getting a exhaust and sports cat off GW and waiting to hear from him about FMIC. I will be fitting a pipercross panel filter and will be getting a Htec Elite remap (friends company) as well as having it dyno'd at each stage to see benefits of each modification not just in terms of peak increases but effect on spread of torque and power.
What my question is what turbo upgrades are available and anything else I can do. I'm not after stupid amounts of power as I want to retain drivability and refinement. Obviously I know these wont have the biggest of turbos but I dont want a giant laggy thing. Something that is safe up to 300ish bhp (not aiming that high - realistically aiming 260ish)
Yes I know a standard T5 is around that but best car for me was this 2.0 and I love it so rather stick with this and get it up a bit more

p fandango
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 15:15
i'm sure you'll have a 13t as standard on yours, & any turbo from the Mitsubishi TD04 range will fit (might need to change the downpipe to match). A 16t with angled outlet & 3" downpipe will make your 260bhp easily, & a good starting point for your 300

stevmo
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 16:24
i'm sure you'll have a 13t as standard on yours, & any turbo from the Mitsubishi TD04 range will fit (might need to change the downpipe to match). A 16t with angled outlet & 3" downpipe will make your 260bhp easily, & a good starting point for your 300

cheers - I'd love to double factory power but not aim that high :D

stribo
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 16:27
I thought you were doing your Mondeo up, and leaving you Volvo pretty standard.

stevmo
Wednesday 20th February 2013, 16:40
I thought you were doing your Mondeo up, and leaving you Volvo pretty standard.

I get bored with standard so doing both :D ST is going to be a bit more focussed and less comfortable so want a usable fast car thats a sleeper.